You have one year left to live. What do you do wine wise?

The results are in and they’re not good. The doctors are 100% certain you’re terminally ill and have no more than a year to live. With time running out, what wine related things do you plan on accomplishing? This could be drinking through various bottles of your collection, sourcing special bottles via auction, touring wine regions and/or wineries, determining what will happen to your remaining wine once you’ve passed, etc. I know this can be a tough question, but it’s inevitably something we all have to face. Also, cheers to being alive and drinking great wine! [cheers.gif]

Sell my 50,000 wine collection and move to the tropics.

Need fun drinks and a beach.

And island girls. [wow.gif]

I suppose I’d be more concerned with the fight than the wine. I’m really not looking forward to my death so, although I’d continue to enjoy wine and all that goes with it, my mind would be focused on the challenge presented.

Travel to the wine regions in Spain, Italy, Germany, and France - as many as I can get in. Visit the wineries there and buy whatever hits my fancy. In France, Champagne would be a must stop.

I’ve done a large of the USA, and none of Europe - it would be time to get that in.

Drink my entire cellar. Can’t take it with you.

Maybe im in the minority but i dont think i would care much about my wine. If i had more then i could drink in my remaining time i would sell it off so the proceeds could go to my children (assuming they were non wine geeeks) if i had special bottles saved that were ready to drink i would drink them, but i would spend my time travelling around the world with my family

My wine would be only icing on the cake. It wouldn’t change much. I think that kind of time crunch really makes you take stock of what is important. You want to spend as much time with your family and friends as you can. Everything else is superfluous.

I’d spend more time at work.

I hope I would take a leaf out of Wilko Johnson’s book: refuse all chemotherapy, organize a tour, then as the expiry date comes and goes and I’m still around, record an album with Roger Daltrey and get back on tour!
Of course since I’m not blessed with Wilko’s talents, I’d have loads of parties and enjoy sharing as much wine as possible.

Like some have alluded to above, the wine portion of my life would be unimportant and inconsequential as I think everything other than taking care of all my family obligations would be. I would spend as much time as possible with those I love. Wine would just be an arbitrary beverage on the table when friends arrive and I am sure I would never write another tasting note again. On the flip side of all that doom and gloom, I will never again have to worry about the size of my mailing list allocations again…

My favorite line from the movie ‘Full metal Jacket’: “The dead know just one thing, it’s better to be alive.”
I choose to fight.

Just call me Mikey Downer. :slight_smile:

Now that’s an upbeat thread! Like others, wine would basically be meaningless as well as traveling to wine regions or anything to do with it. I would have fun giving away the wine I had though including raid the cellar to anyone interested.

Spend as much time with my family and friends as possible.

well since this is asking about what I’d do wine wise, seeing as I don’t have any family to provide for, I’d probably be selfish and blow through my money and buy really fine aged wines and a Ferrari and just enjoy my last days and not look back.

Jeb, I will be your family. it’s the least I could do.

Any thought as to your…will? Love me a Ferrari.

:slight_smile:

I’d absolutely spend late Nov through late Dec in Piedmont. White Truffles on everything!!!

LOL

I’d move to Burgundy WITH my family. Best of both worlds :slight_smile:

I’m 6’4, so I might have to rethink the Ferrari. You might be getting a VW Beetle instead. With their domed roof there is plenty of headroom. Almost as sexy as a Ferrari as well. [pwn.gif]

Stop buying wine.

Put most of the cellar up for auction except for enough to last the year and some to give to my wine buddies, keeping the most special bottles.

Spend as much time as possible with family and friends, drinking those special bottles and traveling together to places on my bucket list that haven’t yet been checked off.

“Wine wise”? I’d hope I have the appetite/interest to focus on wine.