TN: 2006 Arcadian - Pinot Noir Fiddlestix - (California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills)

• 2006 Arcadian Pinot Noir Fiddlestix - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills - Sta. Rita Hills (8/30/2009)
    – decanted for 6 hours before tasting –
    – tasted non-blind over 3 hours –

NOSE: coffee; blueberry and warm spices; a hint of funk; complex.

BODY: clear; rustic purple-garnet color of medium-light depth; medium-light bodied.

TASTE: incense and gentle spices; hint of manchego funk; light & fresh red and blue fruits; raspberry; hint of pine; short-medium length finish; not hot; a bit acidic. I loved this wine, but it took a healthy decant (see above) and the occassional agitation of the decanter to get this baby to open up. I knew this was too young to open, but I do so anyways at a friend’s request. I really enjoyed it, and am curious to see what this is like a few years down the road.

B: 50, 5, 13, 15, 8 = (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2006 Arcadian Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (11/2/2015)
– cork pulled 90 minutes before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over a few hours –
– 375mL bottle –

NOSE: initially, raspberry jam; forty minutes later, significantly high-toned; light; red fruits; moderate oak; chewable children’s aspirin (a bitter powdery floral); med. oak; clean; hint of Chai tea after a couple hours; slight hint of retronasal manchego funk; complex and very nice.

BODY: light to medium-light bodied; clear; purple-garnet color of light to medium-light depth.

TASTE: medium to medium+ acidity; red fruited; slight hint of leathery oak on the mid palate; 14.2% alc. not noticeable; oddly, fruit seems a bit thin/diffuse; doesn’t taste or smell aged; Drink now – 2020 out of 375mL.

50, 5, 13, 16, 8 = (92 pts.)

Brian this was Allen Meadows favorite wine of all the Arcadian he has tasted and drunk. I think the only wine from me to score a 93.

Then he is nuts. I don’t believe I have ever scored a wine, but if I did, many of the Arcadians would move upward of 93.

It’s downright unconscionable that he’s never gone above 93 for any of your wines. I had a 375mL of the '06 Sleepy Chardonnay a few nights ago — another extremely fantastic showing from that wine!

Had an 01 Pisoni the other night - fantastic bottle of pinot, Joe. And still just a baby.

That is the other one I had up on the shelf, but chose the 2002 Francesca instead. The choice was rather random, and I put that 01 Pisoni back in the cellar.

Hopefully no one feels these posts are thread drift - if it’s one producer but different vintages and/or designates, I think it improves the discussion.

Allen is a stingy grader I think he’s only given an American wine a 94 two or three times and a 93 a dozen times. So i am honored by the 93. I know it doesn’t fit in to the Parker mold who gives much higher scores more often. I can say Allen Meadows has been a strong supporter of Arcadian and a very good friend to me personally.

2006 Arcadian Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (5/26/2020)
– decanted 20 min. before initial taste –
– tasted non-blind over 2 to 3 hours –
– from 375mL –

NOSE: red berries and high-pitched powdery florals.

BODY: clear; red apple color of medium-shallow depth; medium bodied.

TASTE: ripe; slightly sweet cherry; no tannins; high- acidity; no funk; pleasant; wide open; not yet tertiary; excellent pairing with pork loin & stuffing; a bit bigger and more loose than the average Arcadian, but that could be partially owing to its middle age. Drink Now – 2030. Gut impression score: 90 – 91.