Can it get better?... Probably, but I thought I would share

I am sitting here reading the various posts with a headset on and listening to great music with my computer mouse in one hand a glass of wine in the other… Can it get better?..

Please share some great wine experiences where you just had to smile while drinking wine.

NSFW!

That’s pretty good Robert.

Well, what’s the wine and what are the tunes ya’ damn tease. :wink: I really enjoy sharing wine with friends and family, but some of my best “wine times” are when I’m alone and I open a bottle for myself, make dinner for myself, and just relax. Those days are gone now that I have a daughter plus another baby on the way, though.

Wine… 2009 T-Vine Cellars Petite Sirah/Syrah

Music… The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga

I have the first song (Bad Romance) on a loop…

First time I had a bottle of LaPierre Morgon. I was home after a long day working retail, thirsty, and tired. I didn’t want to cook so I had stopped off to get a burrito from a solid place down the street. I sunk down into my couch and poured a glass of wine and it was so relaxing and soothing. It was perhaps the perfect wine for me at that moment. I’ll never forget that I fell in love with Beaujolais right then and there.

I forget what was on the stereo at that time but it was probably The Who or Jimi Hendrix.

Also I finished the entire bottle and had a pretty good wine buzz for several hours.

Long gone! enjoy the other side [cheers.gif]

Not gone, just on hold for a few years. I’ll testify under oath!

Many, but one that comes to mind was, many years ago, after dinner with my wife at a local steakhouse where the wine I opened (1994 Vieux Château Certan) was lackluster, the rest of the bottle I finished while lying in bed reading. My wife was asleep, the kids too, the house all quiet, the book good, and the wine opened up beautifully. One of the most enjoyable nights of my life wine-wise.

Good wine with anything by John Coltrane does it for me.

I guess if by few you really mean 18 [wink.gif]

Not sure about the wine but the music couldn’t get much worse.

There are some fond memories when the kids and I would take a week in the Adirondacks in a backwoods broken down cabin on the river. Sitting in those deep-set chairs with a fire going with the stemless glasses all stained and ugly but the air cool and doing the same for the Cabernet within. Sipping the wine, smelling the smoldering wood and hearing my kids talk of their day in mountains I sure felt like a king. It’s all encompassed in the small moments of our lives.

+1. Or Bill Evans.

Based on the foregoing, you are a cool guy. Well done. [welldone.gif]

Where do I sign up for this experience? I would like to hang around in a backwoods broken down cabin on the river for a week.

Last year some friends and I went camping in Forks WA for a long weekend. We setup camp on a river off the main road and spent the next 3 days exploring the coastline and hiking along the river. Each evening we would sit around the campfire drinking fantastic wines listening to the river only feet away. Then wake up hung over and drive into Forks for a killer brunch. I’m looking forward to another camping trip (or two) this year.

We all loved it so much the first time we did it 7 more years in a row. Then college got in the way. We still go up for overnights.

Sometimes I like to listen to Vide Cor Meum (from the Hannibal sound track) on a loop.

In Cabos last week overlooking the ocean 100 feet up in a hot tub at sunset, friends, wife, and a bottle of wine. Life is good