Censorship by Huet?

If this is true, it sounds like a rather ham-handed attempt at censorship by Huet.

http://bit.ly/1gVlFAf

And Kissack didn’t even mention the growing drumbeat about premox at the domaine!

Does anyone know if Huet has addressed the issue, denied the charge, or defended its actions? I wasn’t able to find any such comments.

Wild article that we were just talking about.
Apparently you can’t have an opinion in the House of Huet.

Note also in the comments section below Kissack’s piece that Jim Budd has written of similar treatment by the President of Domaine Huet.

Post-Salon Tales from the Loire – Les 5 du Vin (scroll down or search for “Huet”)

The behavior towards Chris and to Jim Budd, who was similarly dressed down and banned, is puzzling and sad. I mean, they are two of the finest writers covering the region and have been fans of the estate. To dress them down because of even-handed and honest reporting is disturbing to say the least.

As far as premox in the '02s is concerned, from what I’ve heard, they’ve seen the reports and contend that it seems to localized to the US and they’re apparently blaming their ex importer. Personally, I don’t buy that answer as Chadderdon has a record of treating his wines right and I’ve tried too many bottles from too many sources, some certainly grey, to believe it’s the importer’s fault.

This just reinforces my belief that she lacks the maturity to lead such an august brand.

Wow. That’s astonishing and pathetic, really. Huet should be ashamed of themselves.

Sounds to me like Ms. Hwang needs to be shown la porte, unless, of course, she is the controlling shareholder. Who owns Huet these days? And was Noel fired in 2012? I noticed that the “press Reviews” section of the website is empty, and the last press release announced Noel’s exit almost 2years ago. I am done with Huet. Like Chris, I have plenty of old bottles to enjoy, and am not interested in a soupcon of attitude with my Vouvray…

Pathetic. I had only recently started getting interested in Huet, and had put their wines high on my radar. That interest is now pretty much gone, why send my money to someone like that?

Putin’s Russia, Erdogan’s Turkey, Hwang’s Huet…

Wow . . . .simply wow . . .

Would love to hear the story from the other side as well - just to see if there might be more ‘there’ . . .

Seems that Huet gets a lot of love on this board - how will this TRULY affect your purchasing behavior in the future? Someone start a poll. quick . . .

Cheers!

The Hwang Family… [shock.gif]

Chinese people bought Huet ( or the controlling interest ) sometimes ago. I did not keep a copy of the informaton as Huet is not a Burgundy producer. …

*****Who owns Huet these days? *****

Wow, that is sad. And for what purpose? The wines will be available at retail so anyone can taste and write a review. After all those good reviews, one off review and no soup for you.

Larry, it does make me wonder about future purchases.

Buy more Chidaine and Foreau. [cheers.gif]

I’ve banned the guys from Huet from tasting our 2012s. Somebody has to teach them a lesson, and a tiny, utterly obscure Pinot producer in the Russian River valley is just the guy to do it. In fact, to reinforce the protest, I’ve decided we will not sell to any accounts in Alsace this year. Not that I would anyways, but damnit man, I have to take a stand.

*whatever anyone does, DO NOT tell anyone at Huet that the writers they can buy those wines and review them. Shhhhhhh!

I first read Chris Kissack’s piece (retweeted by Jim) and was wondering if there was more to the story. But when I read Jim’s piece as well, it definitely looked like there was a pattern. It’s all the more mindblogging that they have been supporting the domaine since they starting reviewing wines… which could of course explain why both Chris and Jim were interested in reporting about the Noël Pinguet story. I wouldn’t be surprised if the bad blood came from that.

And Pinon!

Lesson learned. Chinese are a sensitive bunch :stuck_out_tongue:

And all those are less than $40… [cheers.gif]

[rofl.gif]