Stone Wolf Pinot Noir 2012

First off I sell wine here in Oregon. I sell Linda’s wines. I got to taste the new 2012 Stone Wolf Pinot Noir from Linda last week. It sells here in Oregon for around $14. I was impressed at how true to varietal it was. I smelled and tasted like real Pinot Noir. It shows more red fruits with very nice aromatics that follow through on the palate. I need to get some technical info from Linda to get a better idea. I would say this is my favorite Stone Wolf version I have tasted from them. Rascal Pinot Noir sells here for about $10. I will be curious to hear comments from my customers.

It SHOULD be true to varietal if it’s made properly.

I taste a lot that is not true to varietal. That is why I love finding Pinots at this price to show people what entry Pinot can be. I will have several questions for Linda.

Depends on what you think true to varietal is. I bet that a lof of Californians think their pinots are true to varietal compared to what we get up here.

I have had Linda’s Pinot Noirs well over a dozen years ago and thought they were very good back then. She also made a great dessert wine, (I think it was named Idyll or something like that), but was really impressed with the overall quality back then. Haven’t see her wines in years, but Linda was a really nice woman and her wines showed great purity and poise.

The Rascal is a great wine for the price.

I get what you’re saying Michael. A $14 wine that actually tastes like pinot, and not some generic red. Sounds interesting to me. Do you ship? [wink.gif]

Our store does not ship but I would imagine you could get it shipped from the winery.