BerserkerDay TN: 2011 Graft Wines Dark Horse Vineyard Grenache

I’m not much of one for writing notes but I’ve got to support the smaller Berserker Day participants. I took a flier on the Graft Wines offering. It looked interesting and I like to support the small locals when I can. I picked up my Berserker Day order from Sheri, one of the Graft Wines partners, on Tuesday. So this is a near-Pobega. When my wife wanted to have some after-dinner cheese tonight, I did a quick double-decant on one of the 2011 Graft Grenaches and am very happy I did. Wonderful pinot-like nose, restrained grenache with good, balanced fruit and spice and smooth tannins in the background. Very nice finish. I’ve got to order some more.

If you picked some up on Berserker Day, try one out and chime in. If you didn’t, pick some up. But wait until I’ve got my order in.

Antonio,

Thanks for the note and the support! I’m glad you enjoyed the Grenache - those notes match up with what we are going for so thanks for that!

Cheers!
Ryan

Thanks for the note, I ordered a sampler pack and can’t wait to give it a shot.

New here :smiley:. Could someone post a link to order from?

Thanks,
Annette

Great note. Rediscovering California grenache. Had some killer ones lately from Four Fields, Skinner, Birichino and La Clarine lately.

I’ll look for this one.

You can find them at http://graftwines.com

In 2012 we started working with Dark Horse Vineyard. Fantastic site. I am glad to see single vineyard wines from there showing up on WB with positive comments. Paul Dolan and his two sons are very nice people and they run a tight ship. I need to get in touch with Graft. Perhaps I can trade something from our lineup.

Thanks, Antonio, checking now.

What fruit are you sourcing from them?

Zin & Syrah starting in 2012.

Hey All,

Somehow this conversation slipped by me. The Dolans are great to work with and Dark Horse vineyard is stunning - we’ve been really happy to work with them. Andrew, let’s connect. I’d love to try some of the other Dark Horse wines.