Rhys February Release

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
Nathan L
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 53
Joined: May 11th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Rhys February Release

#101 Post by Nathan L » February 6th, 2014, 4:08 am

I have been quite impressed with Rhys's ability to divvy up their allocations. I first made the list last spring and even with the tiny quantities of everything in 2011, I have already had the opportunity to purchase at least one of everything Rhys makes with the exception of Skyline pinot and syrah (when my granted wishlists are taken into account)...and I too had an initial allocation of only Bearwallow.
N Lambright

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#102 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 6:24 am

Nathan L wrote:I have been quite impressed with Rhys's ability to divvy up their allocations. I first made the list last spring and even with the tiny quantities of everything in 2011, I have already had the opportunity to purchase at least one of everything Rhys makes with the exception of Skyline pinot and syrah (when my granted wishlists are taken into account)...and I too had an initial allocation of only Bearwallow.
Thanks Nathan. We spend a lot of time on the allocation system and it's great to hear that it works well for a new customer.

To explain the situation a bit more, our 2011 production is very unusual. Normally our largest Pinot bottlings are Alpine, Horseshoe, Family Farm and Bearwallow but only Bearwallow had normal production in 2011. This is the reason that the offering doesn't have more choice, we just didn't have any other wine to stretch across all customers.

To clarify, anyone that purchases wine and thereby joins our mailing list will receive a 2012 offering for all 4 of the wines above plus the San Mateo and Horseshoe Chardonnay. It takes some buying (the wines are allocated on aggregate purchase history) but the next two wines are Home and Alpine Chardonnay. Skyline and Swan Terrace are our lowest production wines and take the most buying.

FWIW, I drink more Bearwallow than any other Rhys bottling (we opened the '10 last night) because I love the purity, lack of tannin (needs less cellar time) and distinctive spicy soil signature. At the winery, we recently opened the '08, '09, '10 and '11 and I was very happy with the consistency across vintages. The '08 might have started a bit grumpy but it is showing very well now and is surprisingly similar in quality (given we didn't farm the vineyard in '08) to the other vintages.
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
Jim Sawitzke
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 809
Joined: January 27th, 2010, 8:22 pm
Location: Chandler, Arizona

Rhys February Release

#103 Post by Jim Sawitzke » February 6th, 2014, 7:28 am

I took my two Family Farms and one Home, plus a Bearwallow. Left the rest of the Bearwallow (which I've enjoyed in the past BTW) for someone else so I can keep some powder dry for the 2012s. Planning on going long on 2012!

Todd Laubach
Posts: 208
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 12:09 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Rhys February Release

#104 Post by Todd Laubach » February 6th, 2014, 7:47 am

Hi Kevin - Any sense when/if you will update the Rhys vintage chart for for the older vintages? For example, the 2006's have not been updated since 2011. Thanks for all the great wines and customer service.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13973
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Rhys February Release

#105 Post by Jay Miller » February 6th, 2014, 7:53 am

Kevin Harvey wrote:
FWIW, I drink more Bearwallow than any other Rhys bottling (we opened the '10 last night) because I love the purity, lack of tannin (needs less cellar time) and distinctive spicy soil signature. At the winery, we recently opened the '08, '09, '10 and '11 and I was very happy with the consistency across vintages. The '08 might have started a bit grumpy but it is showing very well now and is surprisingly similar in quality (given we didn't farm the vineyard in '08) to the other vintages.
That's interesting to hear. As I recall the 2008 showed very oaky and stereotypically new worldly on release. Later vintages showed successively more minerality and balance. I guess terroir can out given time? Maybe Greg T. will be proven right about those Torre Mugas after all :)
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

R Roberts
Posts: 896
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 8:03 pm
Location: SF peninsula

Rhys February Release

#106 Post by R Roberts » February 6th, 2014, 8:01 am

Kevin Harvey wrote:It takes some buying (the wines are allocated on aggregate purchase history) but the next two wines are Home and Alpine Chardonnay. Skyline and Swan Terrace are our lowest production wines and take the most buying.
Can you share approximately what those buying thresholds are for the Home/Alpine and Skyline/Swan tiers? I'm guessing those who have reached these tiers themselves could extrapolate it, but it'd be good to hear what applies for the Fall 2014 release.

I realize sharing what must be moving thresholds for the tiers could lead to difficulties managing customers' expectations on allocations, so maybe this isn't a fair question to ask.
R.ama

Brian Jeffrey
Posts: 152
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 8:19 am
Location: Colorado

Rhys February Release

#107 Post by Brian Jeffrey » February 6th, 2014, 8:13 am

Kevin,
How much air would you give the 10 Bearwallow at this point? Haven't had any yet and anxious to try it.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water." Galileo

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#108 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 8:18 am

Jay Miller wrote:
Kevin Harvey wrote:
FWIW, I drink more Bearwallow than any other Rhys bottling (we opened the '10 last night) because I love the purity, lack of tannin (needs less cellar time) and distinctive spicy soil signature. At the winery, we recently opened the '08, '09, '10 and '11 and I was very happy with the consistency across vintages. The '08 might have started a bit grumpy but it is showing very well now and is surprisingly similar in quality (given we didn't farm the vineyard in '08) to the other vintages.
That's interesting to hear. As I recall the 2008 showed very oaky and stereotypically new worldly on release. Later vintages showed successively more minerality and balance. I guess terroir can out given time? Maybe Greg T. will be proven right about those Torre Mugas after all :)
Jay,
I think you would like it much better with a few years of age. The new oak was only 20% for that vintage but we have dropped it to 8% now. We have learned that when young Bearwallow has a fruit character that can seem similar to new oak. I do think the evolution of the '08 shows that terroir often triumphs in the long run.
Rhys Vineyards

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#109 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 8:19 am

Brian Jeffrey wrote:Kevin,
How much air would you give the 10 Bearwallow at this point? Haven't had any yet and anxious to try it.
It doesn't need much. You can pop and pour or give it an hour or so.
Rhys Vineyards

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#110 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 8:21 am

Rama Roberts wrote:
Kevin Harvey wrote:It takes some buying (the wines are allocated on aggregate purchase history) but the next two wines are Home and Alpine Chardonnay. Skyline and Swan Terrace are our lowest production wines and take the most buying.
Can you share approximately what those buying thresholds are for the Home/Alpine and Skyline/Swan tiers? I'm guessing those who have reached these tiers themselves could extrapolate it, but it'd be good to hear what applies for the Fall 2014 release.

I realize sharing what must be moving thresholds for the tiers could lead to difficulties managing customers' expectations on allocations, so maybe this isn't a fair question to ask.
Rama,
I am concerned that any answer I give might be misleading since both production (Skyline is quite variable) and customer buying habits can fluctuate. Also we are planting more Pinot at this site so hopefully there is more to go around!
Rhys Vineyards

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#111 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 8:24 am

Todd Laubach wrote:Hi Kevin - Any sense when/if you will update the Rhys vintage chart for for the older vintages? For example, the 2006's have not been updated since 2011. Thanks for all the great wines and customer service.
Todd,
This is on our "to do" list and will be forthcoming. On the 2006s, we would continue to keep them all at Drink/Hold.
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
Xavier Lavoipierre
Posts: 1165
Joined: January 18th, 2011, 9:26 am

Rhys February Release

#112 Post by Xavier Lavoipierre » February 6th, 2014, 9:48 am

Kevin, something I hadn't even thought of (and it's probably been answered somewhere): I understood that all the 2011s were in this release, but there's no Horseshoe syrah in the offer. I believe there was some production, so is that wine being released later? I'm more pinot centric -- though I do like the syrahs -- so maybe that's why I hadn't noticed. Speaking of pinot, I need to get on with ordering my allocation!

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#113 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 10:01 am

Xavier,
Yes, we should have been clearer. We put the last 2010, the Skyline Syrah in this release, so we still have both '11 Syrahs to release during our '12 Pinot cycle (Fall 2014 and Spring 2015).
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
Xavier Lavoipierre
Posts: 1165
Joined: January 18th, 2011, 9:26 am

Rhys February Release

#114 Post by Xavier Lavoipierre » February 6th, 2014, 10:05 am

Thanks, Kevin!

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13973
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Rhys February Release

#115 Post by Jay Miller » February 6th, 2014, 11:20 am

ncostanzo1 wrote:Was looking forward to grabbing some Rhys finally after having gotten an offer from their Alesia wines saying if I purchased there I would be added to the list *grin*. I was happy to see an offer, but bummed to see it was a 4 bottle min purchase and being only offered the Bearwallow wines I was a bit stumped at what to do. Any advice from those who've had either Bearwallow or other wines what one might do here? I did contact them to ask about the min purchase and to see if I could get some other wines to make the 4 bottle min purchase.
Another idea is to see if you can find someone in your area who would like to get half of your order. That way you limit your exposure.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Markus S
Posts: 6058
Joined: May 20th, 2010, 7:27 am

Rhys February Release

#116 Post by Markus S » February 6th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Wish you didn't rip out he syrah just as it was getting good, also, when is your Cabernet coming out?
$ _ € ® e . k @

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#117 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Markus S wrote:Wish you didn't rip out he syrah just as it was getting good,
Fair comment!
also, when is your Cabernet coming out?
We just don't have enough passion for Cabernet to pursue it. Besides Ridge and Mount Eden already do a pretty good job!!
Rhys Vineyards

BJ Hamel
Posts: 112
Joined: March 11th, 2010, 2:03 pm
Location: Redwood City

Rhys February Release

#118 Post by BJ Hamel » February 6th, 2014, 3:44 pm

Kevin,

Do you have any plans to add a second syrah to the lineup after skyline is gone?
BJ Hamel

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#119 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 6th, 2014, 3:51 pm

BJ,
We are considering planting some Syrah at Bearwallow. It might not ripen every year but should provide great very cool climate Syrah 8 out of every 10 years or so. No decision has been made yet.

I should also explain that for varying reasons our Horseshoe Syrah has been quite limited in the 2009-2011 vintages but both 2012 and 2013 had bumper crops. Availability will be much better with those vintages.
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33142
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Rhys February Release

#120 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 6th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Kevin Harvey wrote:BJ,
We are considering planting some Syrah at Bearwallow. It might not ripen every year but should provide great very cool climate Syrah 8 out of every 10 years or so. No decision has been made yet.

I should also explain that for varying reasons our Horseshoe Syrah has been quite limited in the 2009-2011 vintages but both 2012 and 2013 had bumper crops. Availability will be much better with those vintages.
This is more like it.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
ncostanzo1
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 530
Joined: January 21st, 2014, 10:03 pm
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Rhys February Release

#121 Post by ncostanzo1 » February 6th, 2014, 9:41 pm

Brady Daniels wrote: The Bearwallow should be an even better introduction to the Rhys style than Alesia, because all aspects of its elevage are controlled by Rhys. It has been reviewed comparably to the other Rhys wines, and we are told it is reasonably approachable. What's the dilemma?

By the way, the dilemma will only get worse as you buy more, and your inventory increases while you wait for past vintages to age. If the thought of having cases of untried wines horrifies you, run away now. If you can handle it, I believe you will be rewarded.

Finally, a note on wine mailing lists. Choosing not to buy anything is not usually the best approach to get increased allocations in the future.

Be well!
The dilemma is well I'm probably a poor man compared to a lot of people here posting it seems, scraping money together to buy wine I can't afford, that might be the real dilemma overall. I buy little bits from a handful of lists (Rivers Marie, Dehlinger, Sojourn, Williams Selyem, Faillia etc) , sometimes skipping some to buy from others to try different wines, so there won't be a time where I have cases of untried wine, I would be lucky to have 2 bottles. So can you spare me some of your allocation? Hehe jk. Thanks for the input Brady, cheers!
Nick

User avatar
Matt Mauldin
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1160
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 3:32 pm
Location: Goleta, CA

Rhys February Release

#122 Post by Matt Mauldin » February 6th, 2014, 9:57 pm

ncostanzo1 wrote:
Brady Daniels wrote: The Bearwallow should be an even better introduction to the Rhys style than Alesia, because all aspects of its elevage are controlled by Rhys. It has been reviewed comparably to the other Rhys wines, and we are told it is reasonably approachable. What's the dilemma?

By the way, the dilemma will only get worse as you buy more, and your inventory increases while you wait for past vintages to age. If the thought of having cases of untried wines horrifies you, run away now. If you can handle it, I believe you will be rewarded.

Finally, a note on wine mailing lists. Choosing not to buy anything is not usually the best approach to get increased allocations in the future.

Be well!
The dilemma is well I'm probably a poor man compared to a lot of people here posting it seems, scraping money together to buy wine I can't afford, that might be the real dilemma overall. I buy little bits from a handful of lists (Rivers Marie, Dehlinger, Sojourn, Williams Selyem, Faillia etc) , sometimes skipping some to buy from others to try different wines, so there won't be a time where I have cases of untried wine, I would be lucky to have 2 bottles. So can you spare me some of your allocation? Hehe jk. Thanks for the input Brady, cheers!
Nick, I'm in the same boat as you. If I land on a list that I want, and can scrape together the minimum order then I'm happy!
ITB

User avatar
Greg Malcolm
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1293
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 8:55 pm

Rhys February Release

#123 Post by Greg Malcolm » February 6th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Kevin Harvey wrote:BJ,
We are considering planting some Syrah at Bearwallow. It might not ripen every year but should provide great very cool climate Syrah 8 out of every 10 years or so. No decision has been made yet.

I should also explain that for varying reasons our Horseshoe Syrah has been quite limited in the 2009-2011 vintages but both 2012 and 2013 had bumper crops. Availability will be much better with those vintages.
That's good news. I opened an '09 Horseshoe Syrah this past Sunday for the Super Bowl. While it did not fully erase the sting of the Bronco's loss, it was very enjoyable. [cheers.gif]

User avatar
Brady Daniels
Posts: 1888
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 7:24 am

Rhys February Release

#124 Post by Brady Daniels » February 7th, 2014, 2:04 am

ncostanzo1 wrote: The dilemma is well I'm probably a poor man compared to a lot of people here posting it seems, scraping money together to buy wine I can't afford, that might be the real dilemma overall. I buy little bits from a handful of lists (Rivers Marie, Dehlinger, Sojourn, Williams Selyem, Faillia etc) , sometimes skipping some to buy from others to try different wines, so there won't be a time where I have cases of untried wine, I would be lucky to have 2 bottles. So can you spare me some of your allocation? Hehe jk. Thanks for the input Brady, cheers!
Hi Nick,

My solution to your dilemma has been to minimize the lists I'm on. Rhys is the only domestic Pinot that I buy off list. Carlisle and Bedrock are my sources for Zins and others. I just signed up for Liquid Farm after trying their Chard, because they allow small orders. (Hmm, all board faves, maybe I am a lemming, sigh.) Out of interest, are some of those wines available at retail, so you can avoid the lists all together?

In no way am I telling you what to do, though. We each have our own buying habits. I'd love to try the other wines you buy. I just lack the cellar space and funds to do justice to all of them.

And, kidding or not, depending on where you live, I'd be glad to share a bottle of Rhys with you, the next time I'm in your area. Take care.
-Brady D on CT - Omnivinovore

User avatar
Brady Daniels
Posts: 1888
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 7:24 am

Rhys February Release

#125 Post by Brady Daniels » February 7th, 2014, 2:09 am

Markus S wrote:Wish you didn't rip out he syrah just as it was getting good?
The loss of a really good Syrah is sad. But a 50% increase in the amount of my favorite New World Pinot more than outweighs the loss, well for me anyway, assuming I get more that is, which is a big assumption, dammit, now I'm talking myself out of it. No, it's a good thing! Sigh.
-Brady D on CT - Omnivinovore

Clayton Wai-Poi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 963
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 3:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Rhys February Release

#126 Post by Clayton Wai-Poi » February 7th, 2014, 7:20 am

Kevin Harvey wrote:BJ,
We are considering planting some Syrah at Bearwallow. It might not ripen every year but should provide great very cool climate Syrah 8 out of every 10 years or so. No decision has been made yet.

I should also explain that for varying reasons our Horseshoe Syrah has been quite limited in the 2009-2011 vintages but both 2012 and 2013 had bumper crops. Availability will be much better with those vintages.
I've seen very little Anderson Valley Syrah, But Copain's Baker Ranch Syrah is probably my favorite of theirs and a really compelling case for growing syrah in the valley. Although i would imagine up at Bearwallow would definitely be very deep end for Syrah.

BJ Hamel
Posts: 112
Joined: March 11th, 2010, 2:03 pm
Location: Redwood City

Rhys February Release

#127 Post by BJ Hamel » February 7th, 2014, 10:28 am

Kevin Harvey wrote:BJ,
We are considering planting some Syrah at Bearwallow. It might not ripen every year but should provide great very cool climate Syrah 8 out of every 10 years or so. No decision has been made yet.

I should also explain that for varying reasons our Horseshoe Syrah has been quite limited in the 2009-2011 vintages but both 2012 and 2013 had bumper crops. Availability will be much better with those vintages.

I certainly hope you will plant more syrah. It would be great to see what Rhys could do with an AV syrah.
BJ Hamel

User avatar
Joe B
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9062
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Location: North Burbs Chicago Illinois

Rhys February Release

#128 Post by Joe B » February 7th, 2014, 12:23 pm

I finally made the list although I was not exactly allocated much, I'm just happy to be included.
J W@ll @ce

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13973
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Rhys February Release

#129 Post by Jay Miller » February 7th, 2014, 1:34 pm

NickC wrote:
Jay Miller wrote:
David M. Bueker wrote:I'm finding all this angst over small allocations to be more than a little silly. They had a very low produciton in 2011, and are trying to get something to everyone who was already on the list. That necessitates reduced allocaitons. They cannot just make more 2011 because people are unhappy with 1 or 2 bottle allocations.

As for the new folks who got Bearwallow - go for it. Bearwallow is a fine site and Rhys makes really good wine from it. If you search around you will find people saying good things about it and less than good things about it. Search some more and you will see the same about Horseshoe, Alpine and Family Farm. Some folks prefer what one vineyard gives over another. Yes Home and Skyline are often put in a slightly higher tier, but there's precious little of either to go around, so it's not happening for new folks (I have been on since 2006 and got no Skyline this time - I will most certainly live!).
Bearwallow has really improved by leaps and bounds since the first vintage. Plus it shares the same soil as Kiser En Haut which makes it doubly interesting.

FWIW, I've been following Rhys from the very beginning and I got no Skyline allocation either. I'm not offended.
i'm offended on your behalf
I prefer think it was superior personalized customer service resulting from him reading my threads where I said I usually prefer Horseshoe and Home :)
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Andrew W.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 521
Joined: April 14th, 2012, 8:55 am
Location: NC

Rhys February Release

#130 Post by Andrew W. » February 9th, 2014, 6:06 am

Ok...ok...I bit... Just looked and I signed up in Aug 2012, so excited to have made the list. 4 Bearwallow comin my way!
A. 'Wy.man'

User avatar
Thomas K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 435
Joined: September 14th, 2010, 4:20 am

Rhys February Release

#131 Post by Thomas K. » February 9th, 2014, 8:45 am

Craig Gleason wrote:
ncostanzo1 wrote:Was looking forward to grabbing some Rhys finally after having gotten an offer from their Alesia wines saying if I purchased there I would be added to the list *grin*. I was happy to see an offer, but bummed to see it was a 4 bottle min purchase and being only offered the Bearwallow wines I was a bit stumped at what to do. Any advice from those who've had either Bearwallow or other wines what one might do here? I did contact them to ask about the min purchase and to see if I could get some other wines to make the 4 bottle min purchase.
They clearly communicated what would be allocated so there should be no surprise about the Bearwallow. Maybe the minimum is a surprise. But if you're willing to pay for any four bottles, what's the downside? If you're going to be on the list, you ought to try one soon anyway. Then share one with some friends who might help you buy more when the 12/13 allocations are high. Now you have two bottles to age.

For my part I'm fairly happy about small allocations. They're expensive wines and it makes it easy to manage the bill. I do hope to get a bottle of one or both Chardonnays as they are pretty special.
Thank you Kevin & team.
Order in, and allocations weren't that low.Whenever an order hits 4 figures I have competing priorities...

Opened a 2010 San Mateo to remind myself why I keep buying these (and stashing them away). It worked.
T. K r @ m 3 r

User avatar
Br@d S w @ l l o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5106
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:39 pm
Location: Ellicott City, MD

Rhys February Release

#132 Post by Br@d S w @ l l o w » February 9th, 2014, 1:55 pm

I finally got around to placing my order today. After a very active BerserkerDay, I decided I should limit myself to a case for this release. It was difficult to decide which bottles to leave on the table. I wound up ordering one each of the Chardonnay, two each of the Home and Horseshoe PN, and all six Bearwallow PN.

I am looking forward to following the development of the Bearwallow in the coming years.

At the risk of repeating what many have said before, the Rhys web site makes the ordering process simple and efficient. It really is impressive, and I appreciate the thought that went into it.
"Oh, bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeosity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" ~Alex

User avatar
Joseph MR
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 407
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Rhys February Release

#133 Post by Joseph MR » February 9th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Bearwallow or Family Farm 2011- which one would you choose for an anniversary bottle in 2021? I have some friends who love Oregon PN, and want them to have one of these.
ra + * ter

User avatar
Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3862
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Rhys February Release

#134 Post by Dale Bowers » February 9th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Joseph MR wrote:Bearwallow or Family Farm 2011- which one would you choose for an anniversary bottle in 2021? I have some friends who love Oregon PN, and want them to have one of these.
IMO Bearwallow.
Cheers!

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#135 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 10th, 2014, 7:21 am

Joseph MR wrote:Bearwallow or Family Farm 2011- which one would you choose for an anniversary bottle in 2021? I have some friends who love Oregon PN, and want them to have one of these.
That's a tough choice as I expect both would work well. If pressed, I might choose the Bearwallow especially since it is offered in magnum format!
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
Joseph MR
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 407
Joined: September 7th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Rhys February Release

#136 Post by Joseph MR » February 10th, 2014, 8:37 am

Having lived in Portland, they are rather pro-Oregon, but California can do Pinot well too!
ra + * ter

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13973
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Rhys February Release

#137 Post by Jay Miller » February 14th, 2014, 8:25 am

Just want to agree with all the people who were complimenting the order process. So easy.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Kevin Harvey
Posts: 2561
Joined: February 4th, 2009, 9:09 pm
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains

Rhys February Release

#138 Post by Kevin Harvey » February 22nd, 2014, 6:41 am

We have belatedly realized that we didn't allow many customers to wishlist the 2011 Home Vyd. If you would like to wishlist a bottle, please email us.

After wrapping up the offer today, we will start working on wishlist requests. We expect to email the results by the end of next week.
Rhys Vineyards

User avatar
Denny P e n t e c o s t
Posts: 962
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 10:13 am
Location: DFW/TPA

Rhys February Release

#139 Post by Denny P e n t e c o s t » February 24th, 2014, 11:16 am

PM sent on the Home Vineyard.
Rhys Fanboy

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 33142
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Rhys February Release

#140 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » February 24th, 2014, 11:27 am

Swift and painless order of a case on Saturday. Can't wait to get the wines.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
M Hudson
Posts: 4556
Joined: September 30th, 2011, 1:16 pm
Location: Biggest Little City

Rhys February Release

#141 Post by M Hudson » February 24th, 2014, 8:34 pm

All your wine are belong to me...
M@rk
Actions Matter

Richard Shin
Posts: 145
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 6:03 pm
Location: Washington DC Metro

Rhys February Release

#142 Post by Richard Shin » February 26th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Rhys wishlist grants. Awesomeness.

That is all.
Hail to the Victors

R Roberts
Posts: 896
Joined: September 2nd, 2013, 8:03 pm
Location: SF peninsula

Rhys February Release

#143 Post by R Roberts » February 26th, 2014, 8:36 pm

Richard Shin wrote:Rhys wishlist grants. Awesomeness.
+1, a welcome surprise tonight.
R.ama

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3046
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Rhys February Release

#144 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » February 26th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Me too, thx Rhys team.

User avatar
Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7202
Joined: May 1st, 2009, 11:19 am
Location: Bellevue, WA

Rhys February Release

#145 Post by Mark Y » February 26th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Wow. got all 3 bottles granted nice. :)
are these wishlist first order first serve? (i.e. the first person to order and wishlist gets it fulfilled first etc?) just curious.
Y.e.

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3349
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Rhys February Release

#146 Post by RyanC » February 26th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Yep, great news on the wish list. I'm especially enthused about the Syrah.
C@ughey

User avatar
Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3862
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Rhys February Release

#147 Post by Dale Bowers » February 26th, 2014, 9:16 pm

I figured my palate of wine was enough so I didn't hog all the wish lists wines too. neener [tease.gif]
Cheers!

CWun
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3899
Joined: July 8th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Rhys February Release

#148 Post by CWun » February 26th, 2014, 9:16 pm

Mark Y wrote:Wow. got all 3 bottles granted nice. :)
are these wishlist first order first serve? (i.e. the first person to order and wishlist gets it fulfilled first etc?) just curious.
I got my wishlist of a Skyline pinot, so I'm a happy camper.


If you buy Eric and Jeff some single origin coffee beans from Guatemala or Ethiopia, your wishlist grows to two cases.


Seriously though, people who order all (or almost all) their allocation get a more favorable look regarding wishlist.
C@r_y

User avatar
Joe B
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 9062
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Location: North Burbs Chicago Illinois

Rhys February Release

#149 Post by Joe B » February 26th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Got two wish list wines plus allocation.

Man i cant wait.
J W@ll @ce

User avatar
amjohnstone
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 192
Joined: October 28th, 2013, 9:44 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Rhys February Release

#150 Post by amjohnstone » February 27th, 2014, 5:10 am

I wishlisted three bottles - one Horseshoe Chardonnay, one Alpine Chardonnay, and one Alpine Pinot - and got all three. Nice.
Andrew Johnstone

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”