So, what did you buy at Berzerkerday V?

I managed to make it through the day with only three modest purchases:

(1) 6 bottles of Cabot Confluence

(2) 6 bottles of Sojourn, one of which was the free cabernet

(3) 4 bottles of Sandler pinot, something I’ve never tried or even heard of before, but Andrew Christiansen reached through the computer, grabbed my credit card, and forced me to make the purchase. I was successful only in resisting him enough to keep it to 4; I think he was trying to hit me for a full case.

What did you buy? What did you come this close to buying but not? Who got a call from his credit card company about the unusual level of activity?

I bought a three-pack from Lagier-Meredith and six assorted wines (four white and two red) from Down to Earth France offering. I was tempted by Liquid Farm, Down to Earth German wines and others but I am trying to scale back on buying and have had several spring releases from mailing lists to consider recently.

About 1% of what Beau bought neener

Vincent, Liquid Farm and Sojourn–all wines I wanted to try anyway so I already had motive; BD provided opportunity.

and what’s up with a winter storm warning in Charleston? pileon
How’s it look for you Jane?

I was just assessing the damage to enter it into the “pending” list in CT. I thought I had a plan to be conservative since I wanted to save a little powder for a chance at a Rhys allocation and Ceritas Chard’s in the next couple of weeks, but the frenzy (and good deals) got me:

• 6X Sojourn (was going to order anyway, held off for BD)
  • 3X Congruence Cab
  • 4X Sandler Pinot (the thread was amazingly positive)
  • 6X Jemrose Syrah (great deal)
  • 6X Keating Cab
  • 4X Match cab (really like the 375 size)
  • 6X Wilde Farm Pinot (also wanted to refill and waited for BD, the Donnelly Creek Pinot is fantastic)

The earlier January orders from Myriad, Kutch and Rivers-Marie just added to feeling like I over did it (again). I even got my non-wine geek neighbor spun up and he ordered a couple cases of this and that from the BD Deals. Oh well, it’s all for a good cause, my enjoyment.

Ashley

I felt like I showed restraint.
6 Jemrose (3 syrah, 2 grenache, 1 viognier)
4 Sandler pinots
4 Bailiwick (2 SV pinots and two vermentinos)
This is all new stuff for me. The board talked me into the Jemrose and Sandler, and I just got overly excited first thing in the morning and jumped on the Bailiwick. I suspect I’ll be happy with all of it, though.
Almost pulled the trigger on Graft, Random and Biggio Hamina.
Would pretty much like to have all of it.
Fun day. Great participation from the wineries. Thanks to everyone involved!

4 x 2012 Sandler Pinots
3 x 2009 Campesino Syrah
3 x 2010 Campesino Syrah
2 x 2012 Sojourn Rodgers Pinot
3 x 2012 Sojourn Sonoma Pinot
1 x 2010 Sojourn Prop Cuvee (freebie)

I used restraint as I was focusing on PN and Syrah and these were the three I intended on purchasing once I figured out which producers were participating. I kept it under my budget of $500. I enjoyed watching everything unfold and the banter back and forth. A very exciting day.

Less than last year.
6 Johan (3PN, 3white)
6 Wilde Farm (3PN, 3 heritage)
3 Cellar 33 (Chard)
8 Sandler PN
6 Ladd PN

Tempted by many others and not ruling out a late add on.

5 bottles of 2012 Sojourn Sonoma Pinot and the freebie 2010 Cabernet
1- Wine Check wine carrier. Badly needed! 20% off got me.

Excited about my purchases and did not go over-board. One happy camper!

The game plan: total moratorium until my CT “pending” queue dies down and a few slots open up in the Le Cache. Avoid this site all day.

The sad reality: about two and a half cases, between the Tanaro River (Florian Beck-Hartweg’s Alsatian variety pack) and Down To Earth (all over Italy + a little Loire… good thing I didn’t see the Germany post). Just to top it off, I made an offer to someone on Commerce Corner.

BD: it’s a full moon rising over a pack of lycanthropes.

For my first BerserkerDay as a buyer:
6 x Briceland
3 x Lagier-Meredith and 4 x Chester’s Anvil
2 x WineSmith & Clark’s book
4 x EMH Black Cats
3 x Cabot Confluence
6 x Kendric Pinots
4 x Sandler Pinots

All to be paid for with:
1 x Poppy’s Heritage Auctions offer

Edited to add: one call from credit card company

My near misses were:

• Liquid Farm (I already am part of a wine club of theirs, and while it was tempting to jump on the added discount, I’m probably going to be getting the right amount of their wines through the club program already, and I’d prefer to select exactly what I want rather than take the bundle)

• Tercero (great deals and great wines, but a full case is more than I can handle, plus, again, I’m picky about preferring to select exactly what I want)

• Angel Camp (never heard of them, but it seemed like a particularly intriguing deal for some reason)

• Riverain (I’m still considering it, as the offer remains open for a few more days; primary hesitation is that I’m just not much of a syrah lover these days, plus that Steve Heimhoff or Nordhoff or whatever seems like a really annoying guy rolleyes )

Nothing, nada, zero, zip, zilch. On a SIWBM. Was the most dreadful day in recent memory. Passed on all the January list releases as well. I’m feeling ill.

Cabot Pinot & Syrah to restock dwindling supply.
Liquid Farm 3 pack as I haven’t tried their wines yet.
Thomas-Labaille Sancerre since I can’t pass up a Monts Damnes for $20/bottle delivered.

7 x Briceland
2 x EMH
4 x Sandler
3 x Kaella
champagne.gif

Took some Patty Green and the Dark Side offer from Swan but missed the 00 La Conseillante, which is what I really wanted!

Only the Sandler 4-pack. I had already bought from Sojourn, L-M and Chester’s Anvil. I would have bought the 375 mls from Match had there been any more available.

It was fun to see all the offers even if I needed to show restraint. Thanks to all the wineries and purveyors who participated and to Todd for organizing the day.

Sojourn case (would’ve bought from spring offer anyway)
Cabot Retro case
Ladd 9
Kendric 6
Keating 6 Georges III/Zin
JE 3
Bougetz 4 pack
Johan 3 PN
Vincent 3 PN
Angel Camp 3 PN
Veleta 12 Reserva/Temp plus food
Fogline 3 PN
Briceland 6 Rose bubbly/PN
L-M 4
EMH Black Cat 2
Virage 4
Believe it or not, no calls from the CC company.

3-packs from Novy, Siduri, and Cabot. Just getting re-acquainted with the first two, and never had any Cabot so trying them out.

I have Shiela down at 92 bottles. The more you buy, the more you save!

[cheers.gif]

This was my first Berserker Day and I managed considerable restraint (I have no idea how!). Since I recently returned from Napa and Sonoma with about two cases worth of wine, it was hard to justify the spending (especially since I live in a 760 sq. ft apartment with not a lot of proper storage space), but the deals were amazing and there were many many offers where I literally had gone so far as to put items in a cart before coming to my senses and holding back.

That all said, I’m excited I made one purchase: Beau’s Random Wine Company (the two reds). I’m super curious about his Tempernillo, not to mention it’s exciting to get in on someone’s debut!

I can’t wait for BD2015! Now I know what to expect and I’ll be sure to save appropriately. :slight_smile: In the meantime, I look forward to everyone’s tasting notes. Cheers!! [cheers.gif]