Wine glass for PN recomendations

Now that I own 12 bottles of Cali Pinot (and soon more yet) I need a reco for a great glass. :slight_smile:
I actually like the Reidel Vinum XL but don’t think I ever used one in any of the visits to friends homes. Thoughts? As a guideline, I use the ‘Bordeaux’ glass from the Robert Mondavi lineup (Waterford) for Cabs 90% of the time, so a big glass is nothing new to me. I had the ‘Cabernet Sauvignon’ version, but felt the ‘mouth’ too big. the other 10% of the time I use Reidel ‘Ouverture’ (I own nearly 100 of them).

Thanks! [cheers.gif]

I own:
5540314271821p.jpg
overture.jpg

For a decent and low cost option that won’t cause anxiety when one breaks I like the German PN glass from Cost Plus World Market. I also use Lenox Grand Tuscany for my best PN although the stem is unnecessarily long.

We use these at home a love them, also works well for most traditional Italian wines. They are the Vinum XL Pinot series.

+1 If you don’t want to spend $25/stem, get the restaurant version for about $10. It will get you to 95% of the XL. You’ll need an industry contact or wine shop owner to hook you up.

House glass for for PN is the Schott Zwiesel Tritan glass, from either their “Fine” or “Pure” collections IIRC. Super durable and relatively cheap to replace. I also have a couple of Riedel Vinum XL glasses, but they see less action.

If you are a fan of oak use the xl or the like. If you’re a perfume guy think about a Chardonnay glass for everyday usage. My .02 cents.

Dude…
Buy at least one Zalto Burg. Not only does it feel marvelous but Ive yet to use a pinot glass that focuses the aroma as much as these.

For everyday use and especially for guests I have a truckload of Nachtmann Vivendi Burgundy XXL. They are owned by Riedel and available for under $10. http://www.bigkitchen.com/product/Nachtmann-Vivendi-XXL-Burgundy---Pinot-Noir-Glasses--Set-Of-4-by-Riedel-Glassworks-492980/Bar_and_Wine-Wine_Glasses
No affiliation yadda yadda.

The glass is essentially a knock off of the Riedel sommelier Burg. Exact same shape maybe a half an inch shorter. GREAT for the price.

I’ve been wanting to buy a Zalto for the longest time now, too bad I can’t find a retailer in Canada!

I used the Riedel Vivendi Pinot Noir, which is like $39 a 4-pk at Target… bascially a cheaper version of the Vinum…

Tons of 20% - 30% and even 40% off codes that make these stupid cheap.

+1

I agree with Humberto on the Zalto. An inexpensive alternative to the Zalto is a knock off available at Crate and Barrel, but there is no comparison if you try them side by side. So maybe buy 1 Zalto for Mike and 3 Crate and Barrel knockoffs for the friends/ house guests who may come over to taste your burgeoning PN collection.

Mike, as mentioned, Zalto Burg stem all the way!!! Take a gander at the Zalto threads. There are quite a few of them.

Best,

Kenney

Thats a nice glass.
thanks for the recos so far.

Please nobody get angry…

4 inch wide, 6 inch tall brandy snifter.

7 dollars for a nice one.

Zalto must be awesome. EBAY never even heard of them.

I use the Spiegelau Burgundy/Pinot Noir Vino Grande. I like this glass a lot - get through Wine Enthusiast or Amazon by the 6-pack.

Stolzle “Experience” Burgundy glasses.
Trust me…

TTT

Bormioli crescendo Bourgogne. Got some for our wedding and I’ve really enjoyed them, particularly for white burgundy.

Riedel’s restaurant line is the way to go.