Rhys Alesia & Spring Release

So the 2011 Rhys Alesias are being released in a few days… followed by Feb 6th the spring release of ALL 2011 wines - well that’s gonna hurt :slight_smile:

Anyone tasted the 2011 Alesia? Both SC Pinot and Alder Spring Chard are $39.

Another question - 2011s being released in Feb show as the following - what happened to Swan Terrace?
2010 Rhys Skyline Vineyard Syrah
2011 Rhys Alpine Vineyard Chardonnay
2011 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay
2011 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir
2011 Rhys Family Farm Pinot Noir
2011 Rhys Alpine Pinot Noir
2011 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir
2011 Rhys Home Vineyard Pinot Noir
2011 Rhys Skyline Vineyard Pinot Noir

Mark,
We did not bottle a Swan Terrace in 2011. Yields at Alpine were so low that we only had a total of 3 barrels of Pinot including the few grapes from Swan Terrace.

Thanks Kevin.
On your website the Alesia pinot is reviewed as:
2011 Alesia Pinot Noir Alder Springs Vineyard Mendocino County

But your release says a 2011 Alesia Sonoma Coast.

same thing?

I was just looking at that long list of wines this morning and debating how much I can realistically buy.

Any information yet on what will be left for the Autumn release?

Kevin, you had previously mentioned that the 2012’s would allow more folks (like me!) to be added to the allocation list. If the next release is 2011, when do you anticipate the 2012’s will start to sell?

Fall 2014 is when the 2012s will start to get released… Kevin mentioned this last year.

Was worried about the same thing, but if you see that Alpine had 3 barrels… how many bottles will i realistically get allocated is the other limiting factor

KH previously said all 2011’s would be release in one offering…so the 2012’s will start in the Fall.

Mark,
We made both a 2011 Alesia Sonoma Coast Pinot and a 2011 Alesia Alder Springs Pinot. We are releasing the Sonoma Coast now and holding the Alder Springs until next Fall.

Scott,
We will release the first 2012s this Fall. We will also be adding people to mailing list with the 2011 release in February. Although our Sc Mtn production was very low, our Anderson valley production was normal so we are going to offer the 2011 Rhys Bearwallow Pinot to some of our waitlist.

Jay,
We haven’t decided exactly which wines but the 2014 Fall release will focus on our 2012s. But knowing your tastes, I think you would enjoy the 2011s (offered in Feb) quite a bit as well.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Was this an e-mail that came out today? I’ve had problems with Rhys listserv on the last few releases and am trying to get right so I don’t miss information.

Cheers,
fred

Oh, I’ll definitely buy some wine in the Spring. If we can find out exactly what will be released in the Fall that might help me decide how much :slight_smile:

Kevin,

As noted above, the Save the Date e-mail indicates $39/bottle for both wines. This price is different that the $35/bottle price you advised in your forum post last October.

“In order to plan for future Rhys purchases, can you give us more info on the Alesia offering coming in the spring?
The Spring Alesia offer will be the 2011 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir and 2011 Alder Springs Chardonnay. Both will be offered at $35 with no purchase limit.”

Can you confirm which is the correct pricing on this Alesia release?

Thanks,
Michael

Sorry for my confusion Michael.

The price for both wines is $39 with a 10% discount on a case and 20% on two or more (mixed) cases.

Yah email hit today on the Alesia.

11’ yields sound brutal, any idea what we can expect re allocations?

Hi Kevin. Couple of quick questions, so for 2014 you will have 3 releases? 1 for the Alesia, 1 Spring (2011 Rhys) and 1 Fall (2012 Rhys)?

Is the Alesia release a separate release or is it part of the Rhys allocation releases? Are mailing list members going to be penalized if they skip the Alesia release or is it just that Alesia purchasers will have a better standing as it adds to their aggregate purchases. Just trying to budget wine allocations this year as I plan to go deep on the 2012’s.

EDIT : Saw another thread about my question above by Mel Hill and was answered by Kevin already, so please disregard, however question below still holds.

Lastly, will pick up dates for the Alesia and Rhys Spring release be on the same day?

Tyler,
Our production was about 20% of normal so I am sad to report that allocations will just be 1-2 bottles except for the Family Farm (3 bottles) and Bearwallow (6 bottles).

Wow, that must have been tough to see on your end. Condolences.