Tre Bicchieri 2014

PDF: http://eatdrinkitaly.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Tre-Bicchieri-2014-.pdf

PS: Both the White Wine of the Year and the Red Wine of the Year are from the Tre Venezia…

Very cool. Thanks for posting, Roberto.

Thanks for posting…

Just published my report from San Francisco: The Iron Chevsky Wine Blog: Tre Bicchieri 2014

Thanks for the write-up. I was wondering what happened to Tignanello, Sassicaia, Masseto. Definitely saw those there in year(s) past. Is it a new rule at Fort Mason that even those pouring wine at the event cannot take their own wines out of the building? That would totally suck. I saw those papers around on the tables, but thought that was for the guests (i.e. don’t take any leftovers when the event ends).

The Donnafugata 2011 Ben Rye was the best in recent years. Fontodi’s Chianti Classico and Flaccianello really rocked. Of all the 2009 Barolos there, the G.D Vajra Barolo Baudana impressed the most. Wanted to try the 2006 Riserva Villero from Vietti but everything was gone by 4pm. 2007 Casanova di Neri Cerretalto was excellent. I tried quite a few of the Amarones. Thought the 2007 Brigaldara was a bit too sweet. Enjoyed the 2010 Castello di Bolgheri Bolgheri Superiore despite the generous oak. Didn’t take detailed notes for the entire thing.

Am I correct that the Rizzardi Amarone is not imported into the US?

My favorites were the Casanova di Neri Cerratalto, the Flaccianello and the Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo. Lots of strong wines though. They had the same rule in NYC about the presenters taking the unopened bottles. I suspect they will bring fewer bottles next year. I was also curious why Tig, Sass, Ornellaia and Masseto were missing this year.