What's the largest bottle that you own(ed)?

I have a double magnum of the '10 Sojourn Ridgetop pinot noir.

What about you?

Me too. 3L

I once owned a few Salamanzars and Balthazars, but they’re just too unwieldy. So now, nothing larger than an imperial, prob own maybe 20-30 of those…

Let’s party champagne.gif

Have a 5L Holdridge PN Maze vineyard in the garage, empty. Polished it off last year and I can’t bring myself to toss the bottle.

I opened a 5l Banfi on Saturday night for two girls and myself. Thought we could finish it but one of them switched over to cocktails halfway through. It was great fun and I made sure each glass was poured from the huge bottle. I finished it off while watching football the next afternoon.

Halfway through what?!?

15L of Scholium Margits.

DM of 1997 Jaboulet La Chapelle. Got three at an AMC auction when an invisible force swooped in out of the sky and pulled up my arm with my bidding paddle. Had one at a Peter Lugeresque at Pratts and the other for my 60th Birthday. I have one left. I think I’ll hold it at least until it’s 20 years old. Maybe 24, which would be my 70th. Drink it with the 2007 da Capo I also have teed up for the 70th.
champagne.gif

55 gallon drum of splunk

6L of 1983 Kenwood Artist Series. Drank NYE 1999. Played Prince.

3 double magnums of 2004 - 2006 CSM Meritage.

Only own two large formats and both are mags. I love the idea of large format, I just don’t have the practical application for them.

+1
I currently have none but I would like to pick up a few. it is rare that we entertain that many people and want to drink the same wine all night. On occasions where we do entertain that many (we sat 40 for dinner a few times) most of them were beer drinkers.

Maybe this spring I will buy one.

I had six 6 liters, but opened them all this year as part of a shared series of 60th birthday celebrations. Just opened a 6.0 of 2000 Pegau last week. In August, we opened a 6.0 L of 2004 Jadot Bonnes Mares and 2001 Boursan Cuvee Felix.

But the BIG party in early November included 6.0L of:

1989 Haut Brion
1989 Lynch Bages
1990 Montrose
1999 Mouton

and for giggles, a 3.0 L of 1983 Yquem. I provided 6 of them, a friend who also turned 60 added the Montrose and Yquem.

A good time was had by all!

This 3L of 1991 Scramsberg Blanc de Blancs

3L 1997 Kenwood AS Cab. I should open that soon. Somebody bring the steaks.

6L of 1989 Guiraud

5 liter of 1996 Hidden Cellars Eaglepoint PS. This is the wine that scored 91 pts in WS. Screw WS this really is one of the best bottles that I grew grapes for. Too many 3 liters to mention of mostly Mendo Stuff I’ve bought at various fundraisers. I also have a 5L of Edmeades 95 EP Zin another epic wine from my past.

Numerous mags, never anything larger… yet