What's your favorite California Cabernet?

The rules…

California, any area, single vineyard or blend, must meet minimum requirements of 75% of cab sav grape to qualify.

[stirthepothal.gif]

I’ll open up with a 2004 Corison Cabernet. Granted, I don’t dabble in some of the older vintages like some on this board, but for sense of place, elegance, and true to the grape, this is my pick (at least in 2013).

Forman

Dunn

Schrader

Ridge MB

I’ll add the M’s: Monte Bello + Maybach Materium.

All time
2005 Mount Veeder Rosenquist Reseve
Consistently
Larkmead

For consistently delicious cabs across vintages, Larkmead.

1941 Inglenook

Insignia 85/86

Current? Ever? Overall?

I’ll say

Mayacamas (with a lot of age)
Laurel Glen (with medium age)
Karl Lawrence (with a little age)

Different styles, but I really like all of them.

If the OP was intended to ask for a specific wine from a specific producer from a specific vintage, the thread title would be better worded: The Best California Cabernet That You Ever Had.

Picking a true favorite is just impossible.

That said, no Cab producer has consistently thrilled me more over the past few years than Myriad.

It can just be any producer…

Ridge Monte Bello and Corison Kronos are my favorites. I hope MacDonald can challenge.

I think I’ll have to try a Monte Bello one of these days so I can be absolutely sure I’m just done with Cabernet. I had a bunch of Corison at thanksgiving and all it did was put the nails in the cab coffin.

Kinda sad.

a simple question with a complicated answer
Corra for nostalgia (and the wine is terrific)
Drinkward-Peschon for value (and the wine is terrific)
Scarecrow and Schrader for TW to sell if I croak (and the wines are terrific)

1992 La Jota 11th Anniversary Cab

For Christmas I opened a mag of 97’ Montelena Estate that was audouzed overnight. A truly stunning wine that is now my WOTY.