How do you store Champagnes?

Damn bottles are huge… if they fit the slot, it bumps up the bottle above making it prime for accidents… or worse, they don’t even fit into the slot…

ughhhh…

recommendations?

1. never buy champagnes again!
  2. X-bin?
  3. get Mag slots? (expensive for quantity vs price for racking)?

[head-bang.gif]

Alot of mine are stored at Premier (not) (waiting for delivery ) !! [snort.gif] [wow.gif]

They fit (uneasily) in my wood racks. The metal racks are too small. I also have a few OWCs.

Champagne can be stored standing up. Just line 'em up on shelves.

“In my BELLY!!!”

I have a couple of boxes stored upright in a dark corner of the cellar. Not the most attractive display, but it is compact.

P Hickner

I don’t know that rec #1 is even possible.

Some version of this is exactly what I was thinking.

I use magnum racking and find that it works pretty well (even better than it works for magnums, as the magnum racking I purchased allows for 3 mags, but then leaves unused space which MIGHT accomodate a spare 750ml bottle).

X racking Champagne bottles would be EXTREMELY dangerous. I find X racking to be almost too dangerous for “regular” bottles other than very standard Bordeaux-style bottles.

When I have overflow bottles, I just store them standing up around the base of my mag-racking section. There is some thought that standing up is the best way to store Champagne.

Custom racking with increased centerlines will hold most all champagne.

You can store them standing up right? that’s easy!

thanks guys!

I have seen debates as to whether storing them upright might actually be better for champagne destined for longer term storage…

I store both standing up and I also request the cardboard boxes mostly 6 packs that they come in.

Wire bins with handles to restrain the bottles that don’t stack or fit in racks. They are on their sides. Not beautiful but works well. Krug wood boxes also work well.