Chamber Street- a class act

I went to a tasting on Monday. The wines were served blind, and the final flight was a Ceretto Barbaresco Asili vertical. The first two wines the 2007 and 2001 were fine (the 2001 extra fine), but the 1989 and 1978 highlights were both problematic- the 1989 corked and the 1978 way over the hill. The guy giving the tasting was mortified, and called Chamber street, who immediately offered a store credit. and apparently, it was done with a lot of grace. He is going to use the credit for a flight in a future tasting, but as a loyal Chamber Street customer, I have to say, it’s exactly what I would have expected. A really class act.

+1
They have always stood behind any problem bottle I have bought from them. (only a few)

Agree with you there. I have had nothing but excellent service from them including a store credit.

I do have a question though, a lot of things that I have gotten from them have the private cellar sticker. Do you (or does anyone else for that matter) have any experience selling to them?

• Infinity

They’ve always been a class act, never had any issues at all.

Good folks there for sure, take good care of their customers

They define the term.

Love that place. I’ve only placed two orders (one is coming today), but they’re customers service is top notch.

Bravo

Agree 100%

What, no contrary opinions around here? Where is the vehement disagreement that is typically the written equivalent of a train wreck at which I cannot help but look?

I know,it’s true isn’t it?
It really does get simple…Jamie and company just decided it’s easier to treat their customers right…saves a lot of time,money and adrenaline…and it keeps them coming back with satisfied smiles.
Simple. champagne.gif

Yes.

Nice touch

Jaimie once sent me a bottle of Balgera Inferno from the 50s as an unsolicited and unexpected thank you for stimulating interest in the Valtellina. Seriously nice thing to do.

I think I’m gonna open that on T-day…

You want negative? You really want negative? Jamie Wolff, the co-owner? He’s a . . . really nice guy.

Sorry, I got nothing. neener

They make ordering wine about as easy as it can be. Seems all you have to worry about is:
1 Can you meet FedEX
2 Can you pay for the wine
3 Can you find room in your cellar

I have the same issue with Chambers that I have with Rhys. They both make it too easy to spend money. :wink:

I totally agree; great store, class act.
I personally would never ask for a refund on a 35 year old wine. Old and over the hill is not a flaw, although I know many Ceretto Asilis could easily go 50.
Caveat emptor.
The corked bottle is another story.
Just MHO…

no discord here either.
I’ve been ordering for years but I really need to order MORE from them–they’re great.

+1

I just got an e-mail from their shipping department.
Apparently they have been holding two cases of wine I ordered back in '08, and asked to have stuck in storage “short term” until I figured out where I wanted it shipped.
They followed me halfway around the globe and found a working e-mail address through which they were able to contact me and tell me that I had wine waiting.
They even offered to re-sell it for me if I no longer wanted it.

A nice surprise.