Birthday weekend! Woot. Come follow the weekend :)

Celebrating my 30th birthday this weekend. Live blogging for the weekend!

Friday night. Edson g. Jon fav. Roger nel. Ed law. Waiting for dinner at 7:30. Cracked a few bottles to start the day

The prum is throwing off mushroom on the nose but with this sweet clear palate that is surprisingly young for an 83 splat. I would not be surprised it go another ten years.

The pycm is just this dense opulent wine. Huge acidity but a touch oaky at pop and pour. Once we gave it some time in bottle it opened up full of lemon zest and sweet fruit.

The 83 cv is a touch oxidized. The meatiness on the palate is opening up but the acid is the focal point without much fruit. Birth year wine. Interesting to try.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Kodiak the husky saying hello to Edson and roger. Kisses!
image.jpg
image.jpg

You’re only 30?! Wow- enjoy the wines and your birthday!

Happy birthday Charlie!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Charlie. What’s for dinner? and the food too.

We’ll need to remember to resurrect this thread for his 40th…wonder what technology will be in use then…certainly no silly phone cameras! champagne.gif

Man, those guys are soo hot.

Happy birthday Charlie. Enjoy the day and then learn to like more CALIFORNIA wine.

Happy Birthday mate.

I hope you don’t open any bottles younger than thirty years, nor attempt to take tasting notes without a fully digital HD recording device and only then if you ensure you consume less than two glasses all evening (or spit every bit out), or the validity of the whole experience will have to be totally discounted.

Also, don’t open more than one bottle every 5 hours because you definitely won’t appreciate or enjoy it, nor open more than two bottles total per person, as that is just too much over conspicuous consumption…

Next, make sure you… [snort.gif]

Ah, whatever, just go enjoy it! champagne.gif

Cdb oxidized :frowning:
01 Leroy is deathly young. Tough tannis but with high acid. Fruit is in the background but the nose is still fresh.

Paul: Edson says you need to drink with us in Los Angeles :wink:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hell yeah.

I will be back next year at some stage…

Shoes all off I hope!

Happy Birthday!

Fu, What day is your B-day??

My birthday tonight. That 1969 would be a birthyear for me young man. I am going young and drinking a 1990 Pegau instead.

Dinner time at opus sushi.

Homemade tofu with Uni

96 oeno throwing off a bit mushroom but young.
85 salon no oxidation just piercing fruit and tons of acid.
95 krug is gorgeous. Just beautiful palate of deep fruit

04 leflaive chev is so reduced. Still hasn’t opened up after two hours.
08 leflaive chev. Young but pure. Starting to Change my mind on 08. Just density and fruit.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The ramonet Montrachet is just mint and a huge palate of fruit. Epic big wine. Delicious

Japanese oysters and cherry stone clam and a tuna tartare tower
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dude, no Dujac??? WTF?

Is that ok? Corked :frowning:
image.jpg

Jealous! Some killer wines…so far…I’m sure there’s a LOT more to follow! Happy bday Fu!! :stuck_out_tongue: