SALE: $5 Zalto Red Burgundy Glass

Style #477338 20% off Sale at Crate & Barrel. $5.56

I did a double take at the Crate & Barrel display – Are those Zalto Burgundy stems miss-priced in the wrong store huh?!

The stem is a little longer but seemingly much sturdier than Zalto and the bowl is 1/2" longer but otherwise on first comparison the bowls look almost identical. (to lazy to post photo)

Pouring a 2005 Maume Gevery Chambertin Aux Etelois in both the Zalto and the C&B revealed a slightly shallower Zalto bowl that enhances the aromatics perfectly and better than the slightly deeper C&B. But with a little bit bigger pour in the C&B to equal the wines surface area to that of the zalto the aromatics were nearly identical. The slightly different angle of the Zalto bowl creates a perfectly concentrated and satisfying sip of Burgundy while the C&B naturally creates a less concentrated and feminine impression of the wine. A More aggressive motion will give a more concentrated mouth feel.

So yes the Zalto is the better glass but not 10 times the price better than the Sale C&B. [winner.gif]

Happy to have both.

i saw the glass. It seems really thick stemmed though.

Proportions are fine. You wouldn’t think it a $5 glass.

Thanks
Really nice use of 5 am e commerce

$5 with free shipping, sure I’ll take 4…

Just got notice they shipped
I love this internet/phone thing

Appreciate this. Just ordered a handful

I need more glasses like I need an anvil, but order in. Thanks for the head’s up

These are $6.95 all day everyday. I don’t see much need to jump on this offer to save a $1.50 and there is no way this glass can hold a Zalto’s jock strap. [snort.gif]

Thanks for the head’s up. The whites are pretty decent, too:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/hip-wine-glasses/f50944

I take back what I said.I had picked up their vive glass initially when I went and looked again today and realized I was looking at the wrong glass. This one is really nice for $5.50!!
image.jpg

They look nice - pretty big. Worth a try - thanks for the heads up! Free shipping as well.

Ordered 6 and they just arrived today - haven’t used them yet but the feel and look are excellent - more refined than I was expecting - if they drink as well as they look, they will be an absolute steal for the price.

Ordered 6 as well.
Like the name - Hip Red Wine Glass! [cheers.gif]

I like! Not really sure why I’m going to purchase more wine glasses but hey, I tell myself that everyday about wine.

Easily and by far the best QPR glass I’ve ever come across!

Just got mine today and totally agree!

Though I clearly don’t need more glasses, I somehow couldn’t keep myself from ordering 6 more…merely having 6 of a type of glass just didn’t seem like enough…at least I didn’t order 12 more (yet).

A very nice looking wine glass. Thanks for the picture.

anyone try the “Hip White Wine Glass”?