Le Grappin 2012s - Who's buying? And TNR, please

Got the pre-release offer a while back, just can’t make up my mind over what to buy, had Andrew’s Savigny-lès-Beaune Rouge 2011 which I really loved for its purity and how it developed some fine tannins in the glass so I definitely wanna get some more, but on a student budget so can only get one case sadly. Debating over a case of the Beaune 1er Les Grèves Blanc or a mixed case?

I’d really appreciate some help from you guys what you’ve tasted, maybe some vintage input and hopefully some of you might have tried it! Or even if Andrew can recommend a student with a financial handicap [cheers.gif] (Appreciate the pricing btw!)

Thanks guys! Slàinte mhath! [cheers.gif]

Hi Chris,

Sorry to take a while to reply. Harvest has been mental. It was wait, wait, wait, wait and then everything came in on top of each other. Fruit was much better than I feared it may be, acids are high and sugars low, but flavours are very aromatic and phenolics are ripe which is the main things I guess.

With regards to the 2012s, Bill Nanson wrote up a short blog piece this morning on them:-

No tasting notes but perhaps he might elaborate in the comments section?

You might also get a TNR response at Wine Pages as more people from the UK have visited me in Beaune than the US so far this year.

For me, I would perhaps take the Mixed Case. While I think the Grèves is the best wine I have made, I am very happy with the others too. The 12 Savigny Rouge smashes the 11 out of the park, for me at least. Peter at The St Andrews Wine Company will get a small allocation of each wine so you can top up later.

Thanks for your interest!

Andrew, will these be offered in the US as well?

I can’t wait to taste the wines Andrew - I’ll be with Jason the first week of December :slight_smile:.

I really want to try Andrew’s wines. Bummed I missed out on the 11s.

Tom - Yes, they will be offered in the US from my East Coast and West Coast importers, probably around January but still to be arranged. Thanks for your interest.

Jon - Looking forward to meeting you and having you around for a tasting. Dinner at Auprès and a raid of their Coche cache perhaps too?

Berry - Would love to see what you think of them. I think, from your posts, they would be right up your alley.

If the '12 Savigny blows away the '11 that would be something. Just tried the '11 today, a lithe beauty, great balance and purity as mentioned above. Full disclosure I’ll be carrying this next week. Certainly put a smile on my face this afternoon.

ITB

Aupres + Coche = GAME ON champagne.gif! I think I bought the remaining supply of your '11 SlB Blanc on the west coast…

Please let us know when any are in the states.

West Coast is sold out of 11s, I believe. A half pallet of the 11 Savigny Rouge & Blanc landed recently on the East Coast and should start being available soon. I will PM you when I hear from my importer there where it will be available. Thanks again for being interested!

Thanks Michael! Lovely to hear that you enjoyed it enough to stock it. The 12 has all the same purity and elegance but with more depth and concentration. Can’t wait to get it out there in the wild for all to taste!

Love that atypical label also Andrew and the guys at Golden Vines are passionate about what they sell which is always a plus.

Bought the 2011s and was very happy with them. Really like Andrew’s style. Have ordered 2012s but haven’t tried any yet.

[cheers.gif]

Had the 11 white at casa Nielsen about a month ago and it was DELICIOUS. I was sad I didn’t buy more. looking forward to the 12’s…