Fourrier 2011 Prices

I received an offer on 2011 Fourrier today that nearly knocked me out of my chair. I searched prices here in CH and the prices below are consistent with the lical market. Is this similar to US pricing? 2010 was half this price here. I’m speachless. And no longer a Fourrier follower at these price points.

Chambolle Musigny 85CHF

Gevrey Chambertin 69CHF

Gevrey Chambertin Aux Echezeaux 77CHF

Gevrey Chambertin Clos St Jacques 300 CHF

Gevrey Chambertin Combe Aux Moines 160 CHF

Gevrey Chambertin les Cherbaudes 130CHF

Gevrey Chambertin les Goulots 135CHF

Griotte Chambertin 460CHF

Morey St Denis Clos Solon 70CHF

Fourrier direct came out last Jan/Feb so these are marked up by the distributor, 9 months later…

Gotcha. Thanks. I am not on the direct list. I trusted my local distributor.

2011 Fourrier subscribtion in switzerland was(excl.8%tax);
Chambolle-Musigny, vieilles vignes 44.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, vieilles vignes 44.–
Vougeot, 1er Cru, Les Petits Vougeots 69.–
Chambolle-Musigny, 1er Cru, Gruenchers 72.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, 1er Cru, Cherbaudes 72.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, 1er Cru, Les Goulots 72.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, 1er Cru, Champeaux 89.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, 1er Cru, Combe aux Moines 89.–
Gevrey-Chambertin, 1er Cru, Clos Saint-Jacques 139.–
Griottes-Chambertin, grand cru 189.–

Mueller weine? I missed it this year (moved locally and was working like a dog). I received this offer from a “big” importer that sells a lot of their inventory abroad. Most of their prices are below Swiss market prices. I guess the Fourrier prices reflect the sales abroad.

Yes,you can google the name with fourrier 2011 and you can see the subs… document

Can’t wait to see the prices next year from Rosenthal. Overall, they have not been that different the last couple years but who knows with 2011

I checked my price paid for Fourrier Clos St. Jacques each year. Direct is reasonable, but the secondary market has gone crazy for these wines…

2001 - $89
2002 - $82
2003 - $80
2004 - $55
2005 - $130
2006 - $120
2007 - $95
2008 - $101
2009 - $155
2010 - $150
2011 - $160

Some of the funny price fluctuation is just the $ vs Euro. So for the 2007 vintage, sold in 2009, the $ was very strong, so wine was cheaper. The 2005 vintage, sold in early '07, the $ was much weaker…

In '01 and '02, I could have all the wine I wanted at those prices. In '03 - '06, I got case quantities. In '07 and '08, I got 6packs. In '09-'11, now only 3packs.

interesting data - thanks. are these from the domaine or ripley?

'06 and on was HR, and I ‘sprinkled in’ some purchases in the US when available (was easier in '05 and earlier), so my price may be higher or lower than the HR price for a particular year. For '01 to '05, was easy to buy these wines in the US and from a range of other UK retailers (Ten Acre among others). Also currency moves mattered during the '05-'09 vintages, big swings. And for purchases from the UK I added in an average of $8-$9 per bottle for shipping costs to match US costs. These costs were my all-in cost to get the wine into my cellar.

Pricing aside, has anyone got thoughts on Fourrier’s 2011’s? I am guessing they might be earlier drinking styles while the 2010’s sleep? Is his Gevrey VV up to his high standard? They will be released to us soon but won’t be able to afford many so have to choose carefully.

Yes, and your prices are from BV, I guess.
Have you bought from them? Was it a positive experience? Some time their prices are tempting, but they have a silly lower threshold on orders which so far has prevented me from buying anything from them.

You’re right, BV. Some of their offerings are clearly aimed at the “secondary” market…Rousseau, Fourrier, Roumier, etc are all priced at 2x (or more) the “direct” market prices. Which I find strange since BV buys direct in Burgundy (they have a warehouse there too) and then brings them to Switzerland. Considering a large % of their wine is sold abroad I guess they are asking the price they know they can get on the international market.

I have bought from them, considerably. Hudelot Noellat prices are fantastic. 30CHF for the NSG or VR villages. 50CHF for the Les Murgers. I can’t pass on prices like those. Same for Henri Gouges.

As for the staff at BV there I have enjoyed working with Kevin. He is exceptionally nice and has made me very generous offers on trades.

Thanks Paul. Good to know. They also have quite a range of old vintages, not only from Burgundy but also from Piedmont, often at reasonable prices.

I picked up a nice lot of 2001 B. Mascarello a few weeks ago. Impeccable state. I missed some G. Rinaldi that was very well priced (probably why I missed them!). Go meet the guys if you have the opportunity, they access a lot of nice old Swiss cellars.

Ah, $150 for 2010 Fourrier Clos St. Jacques.
Sounds like some alternate reality universe that I wouldn’t mind visiting.

3 bottles only, unfort. All my allocation level was allowed. And it’s my 8th year of buying the same wines from this source. And I have to ship it from the UK to the US. For just 3 bottles. So sad as for the '02 vintage, you couldn’t give this stuff away…

Bought outside the US…that makes sense. Sadly.