Best bottle of wine ever < $100, < 10 years old

What is the best bottle of wine you’ve ever had that’s less than $100 and less than ten years old?

Hard question, as this goes a way back. Scott, I really enjoy the 2007 Copain Kiser En Bas. That wine is really solid and is going to keep improving. I’ve had it a few times now and regardless of the setting or moment, it continues to impress me.

2005 Cayuse Bionic Frog

2002 Arcadian Pisoni PN

1999 Monprivato consumed in 2008

Jeff, you got by on a technicality, nice!

2009 Myriad Dr. Crane Cab!!!

I can’t believe I’m saying this but the only thing I can think of is a 2003 Fonseca VP.

A sad commentary on what I think on modern wine.

I cannot identify a “best” bottle in my mind. I have my best Cab, my best Syrah, etc., but I truly can’t pick that one bottle that rolled my socks up higher than the others. It may well be the 1970 Inglenook half bottle of Cab I drank in 1979.

90 DRC Echezeaux for less than $100, purchased 1993 and drunk more than once over subsequent years.

1985 Cros Parantoux - Meo Camuzet (Made by Henri Jayer)
<$50

TTT

Probably should have said purchased in the last three years or you’re gonna get a lot of wines people bought twenty years ago :wink:

3 years ago I bought 98 domaine Leroy narbantans for $99. Very delicious

1989 Haut Brion, $90 as a pre-arrival, exquisite in 1999 but destined for even greater heights. This just keeps going from strength to strength.

In my case, closer to 30… [cry.gif]

TTT

2001 Saxum Bone Rock Syrah in 2006. Think the list price was under $60. Still one of my top five Syrahs.

90 Leroy Narbantons was $20, the Clos de la Roche about $100.

Hate you Alan :stuck_out_tongue:

[swearing.gif] [swearing.gif]

85 Sassicaia in 1992.

I still have that one I bought for less than $100 - good to know!

'78 La Tache -yes less than $100…back when $100 meant something.