Peay release email(s)?

THey are going in three groups this week. Group 1 on Wednesday, group 2 yesterday, etc… I am in group 3. Would somebody in group1 or 2 let me know what time of the day the email came? Thanks.

Alan, I realize you are probably in a group by yourself ahead of group 1 [cheers.gif]

Mine just hit my inbox.

Not much info in the mail, though.

Michael

Mine too. Have to open it yet. Thanks.

Curious what the group 3 allocations are - my group 2 were more than I expected (and more than I could handle, sadly…).

I am curious also and will contact Andy.

Mark, you should be able to log in and get your allocation even without the mail.

My allocation was:

6 Chard
6 Scallop Shelf
6 Ama
3 Syrah

Although the email indicates that allocations aren’t guaranteed.

Michael

For comparison group 2 were 12 Chard/SS, 9 Ama, don’t remember the Syrah. The latter shows as sold out today for me, did they hold some back for group 3? If so, I wouldn’t wait on it if you want some.

My allocation (group 3) was three syrah, and that’s how many I bought.

Michael

Wow. I’m in group 3 also and I ordered minutes after getting the email and the La Bruma (syrah) was sold out. That is my favorite Peay wine. It is good stuff. So I ordered the 1 mag of La Bruma I was offered just to get some. Only 98 cases produced this year…

I was group 1 and allocated 12 Chard, 12 Ama, and 12 SS and I think 9 of the Syrah. I ended up taking 9 Chard, 9 Ama, and 6 SS. I received the email 11:30AM MST on Wednesday

Oh well - I’ve bought about 3 cases in the past, in group 3, just got back from being out all day, logged in to buy, and all sold out. Guess that saves my card some damage. Although Peay is one of my favorites, so a bit sad.

I am doing my best to find a few bottles of desired wines. I have depleted all the wine I held back for “late-comers” in case I had a quick oversell. I still have a small library of personal wine I can deplete. Email me directly if interested.

And please recognize, this caught us a little off guard. We knew it would go quickly and hence why we emailed everyone on Monday to let them know the release was coming. We lost 60% of our crop in 2011 so on that alone we knew we would not be able to meet demand with such low supply. But it was hard to gauge demand as the economy (or economic confidence) has come back and we have had some recent national press and the name has gotten out to a wider net than 5 years ago. In any event, we are doing our best to be sure customers are not too disappointed and by no means thought we would sell out within a day.

And not to worry, in 2012 we got 2 tons/acre (except syrah, argh) and our production will be double 2011. This is a temporary issue.

Thank you for your patience.

andy peay
peay vineyards

Mark, My work is done :slight_smile: Actually, I snoozed initially, thinking there would be time, then got distracted taking our daughter up to college in Reno. Fortunately Andy was able to squeeze out a few bottles for me. That’s what I call customer service. Fortunately, I won’t go thirsty, I have plenty of all the earlier vintages, and there’s another one around the corner!

Andy, how is 2013 shaping up?

Alan, I will second your comment on customer service. I sent him an email on Friday as I indicated above that I would do. I expected a response the following week as they were busy with the release. I got one within a few minutes that contained an explanation of the process as it pertained to me and a way to get me a few bottles of La Bruma.

And a third from me. I snoozed on last years Fall offer and then missed the re-offer - emailed Andy and he was kind enough to pull a couple bottles for me from their stash.

Thanks to Andy for the offer above. I was able to get a few bottles that I missed out on. Great customer service!!