Keplinger Release Date - August 20th

"Our Summer Release will open on Tuesday, August 20 at 8:30am PST.

This offer will include the first half of our 2011 vintage wines, all of which hail from our Sierra Foothills vineyards:

2011 Caldera, El Dorado
2011 Lithic, Amador
2011 Sumo, Amador"

When did you receive your email?

Today. Joined the list this past April, so effectively no wait.

Mine got caught in the spam filter. I’ve been on for 2 years. Definitely interesting wines.

First time on the list too. Never tried these before, but saw a great write-up on them. Any opinions/thoughts about what to try?

I will probably buy light and purchase 1-2 of each.

I bought a pair of the Sumo (mostly Petite Sirah) and Caldera (Mourvedre blend) from the 2010 vintage expecting to open one of each as a tryout and stash the others in the cellar. They are all gone! YUM.

The wines aren’t cheap ($60) but absolutely gorgeous and they will sell through. I suppose some mind find them a little slick and crafted but I really enjoy the deep, nearly weightless fruit.

Good news. I got an e-mail from them indicating they would have ground shipping as an option this time. The wines are a bit pricey and this was a deal breaker before for me. Hopefully, I will be buying a few this time.

Allocations are up. $60 each with a ground shipping option. I took a few.

I picked up 4 bottles: 2 Lithic, 1 Caldera, 1 Sumo. First time, so looking forward to it.

I went 5 bottles - 2 Sumo, 2 Lithic and 1 Caldera.