Cayuse Save The Date email arrives

Online ordering begins next month for wines to be delivered in the fall of 2014 or picked up in the spring of 2015. Rest assured there are no cash flow issues at this winery.

Tom

I’m very curious about the comment they made in the Save The Date email. “What do we mean by big, rare and exciting? We’re not telling just yet. But you might want to make sure you have a little extra room in your cellar.”

Maybe the infamous “neutral barrel”???

A clue towards the end of this post?
http://www.paulgregutt.com/2012/09/no-girls-from-cayuse.html

Horsepower? Bigger yields? Whatever it is, I hope it means more wine. It has been tortuously slow to grow my allocation!

Would be fun to get paws on those bottles huh?

Indeed!

I was extremely fortunate to get a taste of the 2005 Wallah Wallah Syrah when Christophe very generously donated a magnum to a Cayuse release weekend party. That wine was amazing.

You can see someone else’s note on it here:

I think you’re spot on! This must be what they’re releasing. I wonder if it’ll be a first come first serve like The Lovers, or if it will be allocated.

I hope it’s a chance at the Wallah Wallah mags, both are delish!
Meanwhile, checkout…http://www.horsepowervineyards.com/

At least you have an allocation. neener

I have had the 05 Neutral Barrel at least 3 times, maybe 4, I can’t say for sure. But I can say with 100% certainty that if you could only buy one Syrah this year, this is where your hard earned wine dough should go. I can’t say I disagree with Gregutt’s score either. Unreal wine.

Does anyone know how allocations of a special cuvees worked in the past? Like the neutral barrel.

It would be nice…unlikely…but nice to get to my hands on a bottle.

Newsletter update today. Looks like the special cuvee is “Wallah Wallah Special #4”. A magnum, 100% syrah from various estate vineyards. Good news is it is guaranteed at least 1 per person, and we can wishlist for more. [cheers.gif]

How long is the Cayuse wait list these days? I’ve been on it since 2011, I imagine I still have a long way to go?

I got on in Jan 2010 after a 2 year wait (GOK - got Cailloux the following September). A buddy of mine got on the waitlist shortly after I got on and is still waiting.

Based on the email we received yesterday, the big news is the Wallah Wallah #4 Syrah that will be offered to everyone in Magnum. Pretty cool. I hope it’s allocated vs. first come first serve. They made it sounds like everyone will be offered one.

It will be interesting to see what the #4 goes for - comes in a wooden box, one-time offer, etc. etc.

I’m going to take a guess and say it’ll be around $200-$225 per Magnum

If anyone doesn’t want their mag let me know! :wink: