Should I be Upset Over This?

I took three wines in for valuation and possible sale: 1982 Haut Brion, an old Burgundy and a highly regarded Super Tuscan. The place is managed by a friend. The woman who I dealt with announced that the cork in the Super Tuscan was leaking, pulled it, and promptly poured wine all over the inside of the box to show me it was oxidised.

I left for a bit, and when I returned, she told me she had tried to “auction” the wines (without my permission), but nobody would buy them without tasting, so she had opened the bottles and was giving away samples. Unfortunately (according to her) the BDX was "closed’ and tasted like a beefsteak, and the Burgundy tasted like “Big Eye Tuna”. So she wasn’t able to sell these bottles which were now down to about an inch left in each. No mention of the whereabouts of the Super Tuscan was made. My friend who manages the place was dissinterested.

This has been bothering me all morning.

Should I be upset about whatever the hell my mother did in my childhood to cause such dreams? (nightmares actually)

Uhhhh…John…this takes “wet dreams” to a whole nuther level.
How do we know that you’re not just some shill to boost the sales of Coravin??? neener
Tom

lol…put down that herb next to you and go drink some water

Yes! A Strongly-Worded Open Letter is required.

Mods - please move this tale of woe to commerce corner, where a travesty of this nature belongs!

Flawed poll!

Bruce

This post is redolent with high acid.

Hell yes, you should be upset. You are a prime candidate for a visit with Dr. Phil or Maury Povich. I’ve felt this way for a long time. Hope this helps.

Thank you brother. I’m also distressed about the “Big Eye Tuna” tasting note for an old Burg. What the hell is THAT??

That IS disturbing. I usually find Spanish Mackerel in my old burgs.

I only find them in my bottles of Manzanilla. Bottled too close to the sea if you ask me.

Awful.

What was the name of the store?

I think it was Paco’s Pawn Shoppe and Taqueria in Healdsburg.

You need a better friend in your dream.

It’s was me.

:slight_smile:

[welldone.gif] [rofl.gif]

Just checking in, John. You shouldn’t be alone in your condition.

Go ahead, out the auction house. Even if it was only a dream. This is the internet, after all.

One word: ouch.