A great week of wine Pt.1, the Cheapies...

I had the pleasure of drinking many great bottles this week, across a wide spectrum of price points. Here are the Cheapies…
The Cheapies…
2010 Vizcarra Ribera del Duero - 100% Tempranillo and well worth the $15 I paid for it. Full of dark cherries with a hint of mocha and granite. Improved after being open for 30mins. I’d definitely buy again for a nice cheapie.

2010 Azienda Agricola Lohsa Morellino di Scansano Terre Del Poliziano - 100% Sangiovese. This is a modern rendition of a Toscano Rosso. This is a near term drinker and while there is nothing absolutely amazing about it, its a solid near term quaffer. Loads of Raspberries calling for a Tuesday night pizza.

2010 Klinker Brick Zin - a very jammy, glycerine loaded Zin. Uber-modern rendition that will be a great value if this style of wine is to you liking, it isn’t mine.

2010 Planeta Segura Rosso Sicilia IGT - For Sub $15, this is a light bodied, easy drinking wine that pairs with many dishes. Some tart cherries, raspberries, and bittersweet chocolate make it interesting. Unfortunately, I paid $40 on a wine list and can not recommend it for that price.