Official WTSO thread

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
rsmithjr

Re: Official WTSO thread

#801 Post by rsmithjr »

Just bought 4 - 2018 Magnolia Blossom Pinot Bacigalupi Vineyard for 23$. The Bacigalupi vineyard produces top notch pinot noir.
Roger Smith- Longtime wine drinker and bon vivant' and unofficial De Negoce' FANBOY.....

Edward H. Earles

#802 Post by Edward H. Earles »

They had 2010 Figeac for $209.99 yesterday on the Platinum page, I bought one.

mike pobega
GCC Member
GCC Member

#803 Post by mike pobega »

Edward H. Earles wrote: April 7th, 2021, 1:40 pm They had 2010 Figeac for $209.99 yesterday on the Platinum page, I bought one.
Is Platinum the same as Premium?

Chris Crutchfield
GCC Member
GCC Member

#804 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

mike pobega wrote: April 7th, 2021, 2:53 pm Is Platinum the same as Premium?
Apparently not: https://www.wtso.com/features#platinum

I had to google it too. I'm not sure what you have to do to qualify for this though.

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#805 Post by b. c@stner »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:01 pm

I had to google it too. I'm not sure what you have to do to qualify for this though.
There are Platinum offers in both the Last Chance and Premium offers. I thought everyone saw Premium offers. If not I'm guessing all it took was an email requesting to see the Premium offers.
b 0 b

Mitch P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#806 Post by Mitch P »

b. c@stner wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:41 pm
Chris Crutchfield wrote: April 7th, 2021, 3:01 pm

There are Platinum offers in both the Last Chance and Premium offers. I thought everyone saw Premium offers. If not I'm guessing all it took was an email requesting to see the Premium offers.
Can’t believe this is the first I’m hearing about “platinum offers.” Everyone is able see the “last chance” and “premium” offers. However, how can I tell which offers on the “premium” page are “platinum” offers?
Mitch P @ m e r @ n t z

Edward H. Earles

#807 Post by Edward H. Earles »

I got a 2009 Figeac at the same price about a month ago.

Edit: I think the "Platinum" and "Premium" pages are merged now. But those good offers are snapped up quickly, they don't last long.

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#808 Post by b. c@stner »

Edward H. Earles wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:44 pm I got a 2009 Figeac at the same price about a month ago.

Edit: I think the "Platinum" and "Premium" pages are merged now. But those good offers are snapped up quickly, they don't last long.
I honestly don't know the exact differences. But if I'm logged into my account there are Platinum Exclusive offers in the Last Chance Wine offerings, and there are Platinum Exclusive offerings in the Premium Selection offers. If you are not logged into your account the Platinum Exclusive offers are not displayed in either category. Marketing? Perhaps, because I don't think you can purchase without establishing an account.
b 0 b

Morgan S

#809 Post by Morgan S »

I've only purchased maybe 12 wines from wtso, and it doesn't show any platinum for me when logged in.

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#810 Post by Max S. »

Morgan S wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:38 pm I've only purchased maybe 12 wines from wtso, and it doesn't show any platinum for me when logged in.
Same boat for me. Must be a spending threshold.
"And just to be clear, this is a post criticizing people who criticize people who criticize for a living . . ." - J Bloom

5 w 0 m l 3 y

Mitch P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#811 Post by Mitch P »

b. c@stner wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:16 pm
Edward H. Earles wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:44 pm I got a 2009 Figeac at the same price about a month ago.

I honestly don't know the exact differences. But if I'm logged into my account there are Platinum Exclusive offers in the Last Chance Wine offerings, and there are Platinum Exclusive offerings in the Premium Selection offers. If you are not logged into your account the Platinum Exclusive offers are not displayed in either category. Marketing? Perhaps, because I don't think you can purchase without establishing an account.
Have you purchased from WTSO for some time? I have been a regular purchaser from WTSO for the past year+ and see no “platinum” offers when logged in. Just curious. I did send them an inquiry.
Mitch P @ m e r @ n t z

mike pobega
GCC Member
GCC Member

#812 Post by mike pobega »

Max S. wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:48 pm
Morgan S wrote: April 7th, 2021, 6:38 pm I've only purchased maybe 12 wines from wtso, and it doesn't show any platinum for me when logged in.
Same boat for me. Must be a spending threshold.
Not sure of that. $9,600

Edward H. Earles

#813 Post by Edward H. Earles »

A couple of years back, "Platinum" (which required a request to access, nothing more) was changed to "Premium", which requires no special request. I used the terms interchangeably, which may account for the confusion.

Mitch P
GCC Member
GCC Member

#814 Post by Mitch P »

Edward H. Earles wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:47 am A couple of years back, "Platinum" (which required a request to access, nothing more) was changed to "Premium", which requires no special request. I used the terms interchangeably, which may account for the confusion.
I emailed WTSO yesterday requesting access to the “Platinum” offers. They emailed me back this morning and, presto, this morning I had several “Platinum offers” available to me in both the “last chance” and “premium” sections. Premium offers and Platinum offers are definitely not one in the same.
Mitch P @ m e r @ n t z

mike pobega
GCC Member
GCC Member

#815 Post by mike pobega »

Mitch P wrote: April 8th, 2021, 6:30 am
Edward H. Earles wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:47 am A couple of years back, "Platinum" (which required a request to access, nothing more) was changed to "Premium", which requires no special request. I used the terms interchangeably, which may account for the confusion.
I emailed WTSO yesterday requesting access to the “Platinum” offers. They emailed me back this morning and, presto, this morning I had several “Platinum offers” available to me in both the “last chance” and “premium” sections. Premium offers and Platinum offers are definitely not one in the same.
As do I. Nice.

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#816 Post by Max S. »

What are the platinum offers? Anything worth pursuing?
"And just to be clear, this is a post criticizing people who criticize people who criticize for a living . . ." - J Bloom

5 w 0 m l 3 y

TGigante
GCC Member
GCC Member

#817 Post by TGigante »

I guess Platinum has limited stock so it’s by request only to the worthy
Cheers,
Tony

Return to “Wine Talk”