GCC Member

WTSO Settlement

#251 Post by Michael Martin » December 21st, 2017, 7:20 pm

Dennis Borczon
GCC Member
GCC Member

WTSO lawsuit

#252 Post by Dennis Borczon » December 22nd, 2017, 5:53 am

Just got this today. I suspect that there are still a few attorneys at work today who might have a comment...

Very interesting...sounds like the old bait and switch methods of sales!

Notice of Class Action Settlement

Cannon v. Ashburn Corporation, Civil Action No. 16-1452 (RMB)(AMD)

United States District Court for the District of New Jersey

A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against Defendant Ashburn Corporation, d/b/a “Wines ‘Til Sold Out” and d/b/a WTSO.com (hereinafter WTSO).

What is this case about?

Kyle Cannon, Lewis Lyons, and Dianne Lyons (collectively the “Plaintiffs” in this case) allege that because certain wines were not sold anywhere at the purported “Original Price,” the discount advertised by WTSO was not real, and consumers were not buying wines at a discount. The Plaintiffs further allege that WTSO offered wines that were available elsewhere but that the stated “Original Price” of some of these wines was higher than the price set by the winery itself, resulting in a greater advertised discount than would have existed had Defendant used the winery’s price for such wines.

WTSO maintains that the “Original Price” it advertised was the suggested retail price provided to it when it purchased the wine and was an accurate reflection of the value of the wine it sold. WTSO denies all liability of any kind associated with the claims alleged. WTSO further denies that class certification is appropriate for any purpose other than settlement.

The Court has not decided who is right in this case.

Who is included in the Class?

You are included in this class if you reside (or otherwise live) in the United States and purchased wine from WTSO.com at any point from March 15, 2010 to November 1, 2016 (“Class Period”).

What may I receive from this settlement?

You will receive credits to purchase wine on WTSO.com based on wine purchased during the Class Period if you complete a Verification Form as described below, as follows:

1. For every bottle of wine listed on Exhibit A purchased during the Class Period for $12.99 or less, the Class Member will receive a credit of $1.75.

2. For every bottle of wine listed on Exhibit A purchased during the Class Period for $13.00-$18.99, the Class Member will receive a credit of $2.00.

3. For every bottle of wine listed on Exhibit A purchased during the Class Period for $19.00 or greater, the Class Member will receive a credit of $2.25.

4. For every bottle of wine listed on Exhibit B purchased during the Class Period for $19.99 or less, the Class Member will receive a credit of $0.50.

5. For every bottle of wine listed on Exhibit B purchased during the Class Period for $20.00 or greater, the Class Member will receive a credit of $0.75.

6. For every bottle of wine not listed on Exhibit A or B purchased during the Class Period, the Class Member will receive a credit of $0.20.

You will not receive a credit for any bottle of wine for which you received a refund. Credits will be good for one year from the date you receive an email with a code for your Credits. Credits will be applied against purchases of any wine the first time it is offered on WTSO.com (with limited exceptions), and on certain other identified wines offered on WTSO.com, at the rate of $2.00 off per bottle, or for the full or remaining credit amount if less than $2.00. WTSO will identify on its website which wines are eligible for credit use.

Has WTSO made changes to its advertising?

After the lawsuit was filed, on or about November 2, 2016, Defendant replaced the advertising term “Original Price” with the term “Comparable Price” on the WTSO.com website and included a definition of “Comparable Price” to mean “the price at which the same or a similar wine with the same primary grape varietal and appellation or sub-appellation has been offered for sale to consumers directly by a producing winery or through retailers.”

What are my options?

1. Remain in the Class and Receive a Credit

You do not have to do anything to remain in the Class. However, if you wish to receive a credit as described above, you must complete the Verification Form. If you received more than one Notice at different email addresses, you must complete the Verification Form for each email address that the Notice was sent to in order to obtain all of your Credits.

If the settlement is approved by the Court and you have completed the Verification Form(s), you will receive a unique non-transferable code that you may use on the WTSO.com website to access your Credits. The Verification Form for each email address at which you received a Notice must be completed and submitted no later than April 19, 2018 in order to obtain all of your Credits. If you do not complete a Verification Form for any email address at which you received a Notice, you will not obtain the Credits for purchases made under that email address. You will receive the Code and be able to use it 40 days after the Settlement is final.

If you remain in the Class, you release and give up your right to file a lawsuit against WTSO and its related agents and entities relating to WTSO’s selling, marketing and advertising of wine during the Class Period. The precise terms of the release are set forth in the Settlement Agreement. Unless you exclude yourself from this Settlement, as described below, you will release your claims whether or not you submit a Verification Form and receive a credit.

2. Exclude Yourself from the Settlement

If you do not wish to be included in the settlement, you have the right to opt out of the class.

If you decide to opt out of the Class, you:

(i) Will not receive any credits for the purchase of wine on WTSO.com;

(ii) will not be bound by any orders or judgments entered in this Action;

(iii) will not be entitled to relief under, or be affected by, this Settlement;

(iv) will not gain any rights by virtue of this Settlement; and

(v) will not be entitled to object to any aspect of this Settlement.

To opt out of the Class, you must mail a letter clearly stating your desire to opt out to the Settlement Administrator by February 16, 2018. If you have opted out and wish to revoke your request for exclusion from the Class, you may do so by mailing a letter stating clearly the desire to revoke the previous request for exclusion to the Settlement Administrator before the opt out deadline at Cannon v. Ashburn Corporation d/b/a Wines ‘Til Sold Out Class Action Settlement, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041.

3. Object to the Settlement

If you wish to be part of the proposed Settlement but want to object to all or any part of the Settlement, you must do so by February 16, 2018. You must remain a member of the Class in order to object to any aspect of the proposed Settlement. Objections must be filed with the Court at:

Clerk of the Court
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
4th & Cooper Streets
Camden, NJ 08101

and mailed to the following:
Oren Giskan
Giskan Solotaroff & Anderson
217 Centre Street, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10013
Suzanne Ilene Schiller
Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP
401 City Avenue, Suite 901
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

Your written objection must include: Any objections must include (i) your full name and current address and telephone number; (ii) the identification of at least one wine purchased from WTSO.com; (iii) a description of all of your objections, the specific reasons for these objections, and any and all supporting papers, including, without limitation, all briefs, written evidence, and declarations; and (iv) your signature.

The final approval hearing (the “Fairness Hearing”) will be on March 19, 2018 at 10:00a.m., at the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, 4th and Cooper Streets, Courtroom 3D. You do not have to go to Court or hire an attorney but you may if you want to, at your own cost. The Fairness Hearing is for the Court to decide (a) whether to approve the Settlement; (b) Class counsel’s requests for attorneys’ fees and expenses; and (c) the service award for the Class representatives in this case.

If you wish to appear either personally or through counsel at the Fairness Hearing to present your objections to the Court orally you must include a written statement of intent to appear at the Fairness Hearing by February 16, 2018. Only if you specify in your objections that you intend to appear personally or through counsel at the Fairness Hearing will you have the right to present your objections orally at the Fairness Hearing. If you do not submit timely written objections you will not be permitted to present your objections at the Fairness Hearing.

If you file objections but the Court approves the Settlement as proposed, you will still be eligible for your share of the settlement relief.

Who are the attorneys representing the Class?

The Court has appointed the lawyers listed below to represent you and the Class (“Class counsel”):

Oren Giskan
GISKAN SOLOTAROFF & ANDERSON LLP
New York, NY 10013
James E. Cecchi
CARELLA, BYRNE, CECCHI,
OLSTEIN, BRODY & AGNELLO, P.C.
5 Becker Farm Road
Roseland, NJ 07068
Thomas Rosenthal
LAW OFFICES- THOMAS ROSENTHAL
45 Main Street #1030
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Edward Hernstadt
HERNSTADT ATLAS PLLC
45 Main Street #1030
Brooklyn, NY 11201

You do not have to hire your own lawyer but you may if you want to, at your own cost.

Will payments be made to Class Counsel or the Class Representatives?

The determination of an attorney fee award is made by the Court, which will determine a reasonable fee for the work done and the result obtained by Class counsel. Class counsel will ask the Court to award attorneys’ fees and expenses of no more than $1.7 million.

Class counsel will also seek $2,500 for each Class Representative in recognition of their assistance in this litigation.

Where can I get additional information?

THIS IS ONLY A SUMMARY OF THE SETTLEMENT. For more information regarding your rights and options, you can visit the Settlement website: www.winesettlement.com or contact the Settlement Administrator at:

Cannon v. Ashburn Corporation d/b/a Wines
‘Til Sold Out Class Action Settlement
P.O. Box 404041
Louisville, KY 40233-4041

You may also contact Class Counsel at the following address:

Oren Giskan
GISKAN SOLOTAROFF & ANDERSON LLP
New York, NY 10013
ogiskan@gslawny.com

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

WTSO lawsuit

#253 Post by mattcitrang » December 22nd, 2017, 6:26 am

mike pobega

Official WTSO thread

#254 Post by mike pobega » December 22nd, 2017, 2:01 pm

Total bullshit. While I have purchased over 125 bottles from WTSO through the years I never once felt as if there was any wrongdoing even with the maybe bogus Jonathan notes being posted. Tort Reform, mic drop.

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#255 Post by John Glas » December 22nd, 2017, 2:07 pm

Mike I agree. WTSO is a great place to buy wines. Never once had an issue with them and shipping for free is a huge added bonus. You know exactly how much the wines are. There isn't a wine retailer that has not messed up on pricing and ratings. If you don't like the price than don't buy it. Some of the best QPRs I have ever had have been from WTSO so I will not be worried about collecting a few dollars from them. There customer service has always taken care of any corked bottles.

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#256 Post by Arv R » December 22nd, 2017, 6:08 pm

I got the settlement offer too, although I might have only bought a couple of cases all together over the years. If you look at the lists of wines that are eligible for settlement credits these are all the wines that are pretty unlikely to have been chosen by WB's.

They are all the strange proprietary bottlings bottled up for WTSO by Bronco or something. I think you get a 20c per bottle generic credit for other wines purchased (ie non scammy ones) but then if you read the email, those credits can only be used on certain offers.

All in all, I'm sure that lush plaintiff lawyer fees were covered, and maybe the lead got some money, but for everyone else its a couple of shitty thin value coupons.

I know WTSO has her fans here, but I always thought the way they compared prices was silly, and designed to pick off the clueless. Maybe it was lawful (at least back then, but now its tortious) but I never thought it was ethical nor principled. So when I heard about the suit, my response was just to unsubscribe to their emails. There are enough other places I can annoy with my small rinky dink orders!
R_@_0

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#257 Post by John Glas » December 23rd, 2017, 6:15 am

What are some of the wines.

jhemming

Official WTSO thread

#258 Post by jhemming » December 23rd, 2017, 7:16 am

Arv R wrote:I got the settlement offer too, although I might have only bought a couple of cases all together over the years. If you look at the lists of wines that are eligible for settlement credits these are all the wines that are pretty unlikely to have been chosen by WB's.

They are all the strange proprietary bottlings bottled up for WTSO by Bronco or something. I think you get a 20c per bottle generic credit for other wines purchased (ie non scammy ones) but then if you read the email, those credits can only be used on certain offers.

All in all, I'm sure that lush plaintiff lawyer fees were covered, and maybe the lead got some money, but for everyone else its a couple of shitty thin value coupons.

I know WTSO has her fans here, but I always thought the way they compared prices was silly, and designed to pick off the clueless. Maybe it was lawful (at least back then, but now its tortious) but I never thought it was ethical nor principled. So when I heard about the suit, my response was just to unsubscribe to their emails. There are enough other places I can annoy with my small rinky dink orders!
+ 1
Jason Hemming
Boston, MA

Ted Erfer
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#259 Post by Ted Erfer » December 23rd, 2017, 9:31 am

Oh no! One of the attorneys is a neighbor and we went to college together:( I guess I can walk over and hand him my reply.

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

WTSO lawsuit

#260 Post by Dan Hammer » December 23rd, 2017, 9:55 am

Dennis Borczon wrote:
Kyle Cannon, Lewis Lyons, and Dianne Lyons (collectively the “Plaintiffs” in this case) allege that because certain wines were not sold anywhere at the purported “Original Price,” the discount advertised by WTSO was not real, and consumers were not buying wines at a discount. The Plaintiffs further allege that WTSO offered wines that were available elsewhere but that the stated “Original Price” of some of these wines was higher than the price set by the winery itself, resulting in a greater advertised discount than would have existed had Defendant used the winery’s price for such wines.

The Attorney General of the state of New York sued Macy*s for this very same reason back in the late 1970's. We were 'forced' to sell clothing at artifically high prices for a minimum of 2 weeks before we could advertise them for 'sale'. The $15 retail item was sold for $20 for 2 weeks before we could sell them at the 'sale' price of $15. Truth be told, the cost was $7.50, so a $15 retail wasn't really sale, but the 'value' of the item was $20 > hence a 'sale' at $15.00.
This space for rent.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#261 Post by Michae1 P0wers » December 23rd, 2017, 10:16 am

mike pobega wrote:Total bullshit. While I have purchased over 125 bottles from WTSO through the years I never once felt as if there was any wrongdoing even with the maybe bogus Jonathan notes being posted. Tort Reform, mic drop.
Yeah, consumer protection is such a drag. We should really just let corporations self-police their actions; I'm sure they won't take advantage of anyone.

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#262 Post by Arv R » December 23rd, 2017, 3:14 pm

What some people do is just terrible. I remember reading somewhere that vintners were trying to make their Austrian wines drinkable by mixing in antifreeze.

I still remember when I was 8 years old and my friends cat drank up the coolant when his dad was draining the cars system. It died horribly. So even today I'm hyper about all those strange garage chemicals.
R_@_0

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#263 Post by John Glas » December 23rd, 2017, 4:05 pm

[quoteYeah, consumer protection is such a drag. We should really just let corporations self-police their actions; I'm sure they won't take advantage of anyone.][/quote]
At least WTSO delivered the wine people paid for. If you ever had a problem with them they take care of it. I sent an email once and said nothing wrong with the wine but I did not like the wine. I was willing to ship it back but they just refunded six bottles. There are many other wine shops doing far worse things than WTSO.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#264 Post by Bdklein » December 23rd, 2017, 4:09 pm

I am a WTSO customer and I'm not partaking in the class action suit . Just doesn't seem right/fair .
Bruce Klein

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#265 Post by Arv R » December 23rd, 2017, 4:22 pm

John Glas wrote:[quoteYeah, consumer protection is such a drag. We should really just let corporations self-police their actions; I'm sure they won't take advantage of anyone.]
At least WTSO delivered the wine people paid for. If you ever had a problem with them they take care of it. I sent an email once and said nothing wrong with the wine but I did not like the wine. I was willing to ship it back but they just refunded six bottles. There are many other wine shops doing far worse things than WTSO.[/quote]

That's a fair point. Look at what that miserable wretch John Fox, and the clawback mischief related to him that is still going on today.
R_@_0

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#266 Post by Michae1 P0wers » December 23rd, 2017, 4:31 pm

John Glas wrote:[quoteYeah, consumer protection is such a drag. We should really just let corporations self-police their actions; I'm sure they won't take advantage of anyone.]
At least WTSO delivered the wine people paid for. If you ever had a problem with them they take care of it. I sent an email once and said nothing wrong with the wine but I did not like the wine. I was willing to ship it back but they just refunded six bottles. There are many other wine shops doing far worse things than WTSO.[/quote]

I totally agree that WTSO has excellent customer service, and their "harm" here seems relatively minor. I was just commenting upon the prior "tort reform" comments more generally.

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#267 Post by AlexS » December 23rd, 2017, 4:47 pm

In terms of the wine world, we tend to view WTSO's business practices through a more educated lens. Taking that into consideration, it's not very difficult to see why any neophyte who's gained enough knowledge to become dangerous might have serious issues with WTSO.
s t e w @ r t

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#268 Post by John Glas » December 24th, 2017, 8:58 am

[quoteIn terms of the wine world, we tend to view WTSO's business practices through a more educated lens. Taking that into consideration, it's not very difficult to see why any neophyte who's gained enough knowledge to become dangerous might have serious issues with WTSO.][/quote]

So are you saying that anyone who buys from WTSO is clueless? I bought many cases of the Clarendon Hills Syrahs for $30 a piece with free shipping. Doesn't sound like a clueless purchase. The Grenache wines were closer to $20 a piece.

The Resalte is another amazing buy for under $50.
4/22/2012 rated 95 points: Spanish Wine Tasting (LAN, Muga, Resalte, Mas Doix...) (Becky's House): One of the great wines under $50 in my lifetime. Always shows well. Two hour decant and that is all it needs. Funk, spice, cherry, oak, vanilla and spices. Long finish and complex. Wish I had more but drink them while they are good. At the end of the night the wine fell apart in the glass so I would recommend drink now. (3079 views)

Bodegas Olarra Anares Rioja Reserva 2006 $12.99
Wild Duck Creek Estate Springflat Shiraz 2009 $29.99
Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Chardonnay 2010 $25.99
And many inexpensive Champagnes.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#269 Post by Michae1 P0wers » December 24th, 2017, 3:25 pm

I don’t think he saying that anyone who buys from WTSO is clueless, just that many consumers are not nearly as educated as those on this board, and might take those retail pricing markers a lot more literally.

Arv R
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#270 Post by Arv R » December 24th, 2017, 4:51 pm

I don't think they got into trouble over their imported wine pricing. It was all the made up house brands from domestic bulk producers that caused the mischief.

At least with Costco, if they're selling you the house blend, they'll tell you up front. We go through a couple 1.75's of their Kirkland spiced rum during the holidays as its always a good addition to eggnog, or colicky babies/uncles bottles
R_@_0

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#271 Post by AlexS » December 25th, 2017, 9:10 am

Michae1 P0wers wrote:I don’t think he saying that anyone who buys from WTSO is clueless, just that many consumers are not nearly as educated as those on this board, and might take those retail pricing markers a lot more literally.
This.

Should add that I purchase from WTSO a few times per year and wouldn't be happy to see them go.
s t e w @ r t

Rob Connelly

Official WTSO thread

#272 Post by Rob Connelly » December 26th, 2017, 10:19 am

Just got my postcard also, many many boxes from WTSO so maybe some cash back. Never believed the price discounts but for me no local store (20 mile drive) and being upstate NY the tax savings on four was good enough to buy. Did go along with the JN bu** s**t but after trying some of his "95 Pt " stuff I stopped buying. Soon found out there scam. Wonder how long till my "credits" arrive. rob

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#273 Post by John Glas » December 26th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Jonathan Newman of course was a scam. So many scams out in the wine world in general. In the twin cities we have many including our local paper writer that promoted the crap knows as cycles gladiator.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#274 Post by Bdklein » December 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm

I don't perceive WTSO as a scam at all. Here's some wine and here's the price . Buy it or not.
Bruce Klein

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#275 Post by John Glas » December 29th, 2017, 2:24 pm

[quoteOh no! One of the attorneys is a neighbor and we went to college together:( I guess I can walk over and hand him my reply.][/quote]
Ted let him know the post card he sent me is making for a great coaster from my mixed drink.

Mike Lindauer

Official WTSO thread

#276 Post by Mike Lindauer » January 1st, 2018, 7:06 pm

In the last 5 years I have placed over 100 orders with WTSO. Obviously, i must have been a satisfied customer to buy from them that regularly. But when they lost the ability to ship to TX, my usage decreased significantly. There have only been a few times where I didn't think the wine I received was worth the price I paid. Cellar Tracker and Wine Searcher have been tremendously helpful in my selection process. WTSO used to have really great deals on Spanish wines, but not so many great QPR's any more. And I completely ignore Jonathan Nemwan's ratings. Apparently he never had one that was rated below 90. Also, their customer service has been exceptional. They have been completely understanding whenever I had an issue with shipping or quality. But lately they seem to have fewer offerings that appeal to me, so my usage now is negligible.

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#277 Post by John Glas » January 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm

And I completely ignore Jonathan Nemwan's ratings. Apparently he never had one that was rated below 90. Also, their customer service has been exceptional. They have been completely understanding whenever I had an issue with shipping or quality. But lately they seem to have fewer offerings that appeal to me, so my usage now is negligible.
He has been replaced by James Sucklings over the top ratings. 93 to 100 points only for James.

MBerto

Official WTSO thread

#278 Post by MBerto » January 3rd, 2018, 9:25 am

I'm unclear as to how having good customer service can absolve them of all other sins - can you please elaborate? For the record I've also experienced great customer service with WTSO, and have also noticed their "Comparable Price" or even "Best Web" prices can occasionally seem to be pulled from thin air.
M@TT Bert0 lat us
insta @m@tthewbertol@tus (a's not @'s)

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#279 Post by b. c@stner » January 3rd, 2018, 1:37 pm

MBerto wrote:I'm unclear as to how having good customer service can absolve them of all other sins - can you please elaborate? For the record I've also experienced great customer service with WTSO, and have also noticed their "Comparable Price" or even "Best Web" prices can occasionally seem to be pulled from thin air.
I don't pay any attention to any suggested retail or current web pricing posted by anyone. I really believe that what wtso got busted for you could bust almost every other purveyor of wine for. If I'm interested in a wine from any online source I do my homework and make a determination if it's a fair price for me. Pretty much how I buy any other product in fact.
As far as the wtso exclusive wines that are either Jonathan Newman products (I've never bought any) or wines made by established wineries but are cuvées/labels made only for wtso (I have bought some) I suppose that skews the argument some. In fact isn't that the wines that actually got them in trouble in the first place, or ended up getting them in trouble? Maybe that was mentioned here or I caught that somewhere else. But the whole suggested retail game in general I think needs to be taken with a grain of salt and I don't really see much sinning going on here.
b 0 b

Mike Lindauer

Official WTSO thread

#280 Post by Mike Lindauer » January 3rd, 2018, 2:06 pm

I agree that they didn't do anything much different than most wine retailers. And when was the last time you bought anything at "list price"? I don't think I will take the time to fill out paperwork for the settlement.

I completely ignore anything but two questions:
Is it a wine I think I will enjoy? (Producer, vintage, region, Cellar Tracker)
Is it sold at a reasonable price compared to where I can find it elsewhere? (Wine Searcher, common sense)

If can't satisfy myself on those two questions, I simply pass. There are so many retail outlets, that you can just not buy from the ones you don't like, and still not miss anything.

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#281 Post by John O' » January 3rd, 2018, 4:29 pm

I used to buy a fair amount of wine from WTSO. I knew the suggested retail prices were high, like many other retailers and did my due diligence.
That said, it always struck me that their SRP's were a level or two crazier than other wine retailers. If they were creating SRP's out of thin air that's wrong.
O Sullivan

PeterJ

Official WTSO thread

#282 Post by PeterJ » January 3rd, 2018, 8:20 pm

Hmmmmm. I've been buying from WTSO for 5+ years and haven't received a notice of this case or settlement. I guess they don't love me.

OTOH, I never really believed the prices quoted anyway. I always checked the winery site and/or Wine-Searcher if I wanted more info. That said, I still find WTSO to be a good source. I've rarely been disappointed with a purchase.
Peter J@ckel

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#283 Post by Jay $$ Winton » January 4th, 2018, 7:24 am

PeterJ wrote:Hmmmmm. I've been buying from WTSO for 5+ years and haven't received a notice of this case or settlement. I guess they don't love me.

OTOH, I never really believed the prices quoted anyway. I always checked the winery site and/or Wine-Searcher if I wanted more info. That said, I still find WTSO to be a good source. I've rarely been disappointed with a purchase.
check your spam box. That's where my notice was.
Immaturity-my life, not my wine.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#284 Post by Michae1 P0wers » January 4th, 2018, 7:50 am

PeterJ wrote:Hmmmmm. I've been buying from WTSO for 5+ years and haven't received a notice of this case or settlement. I guess they don't love me.

I received a postcard two days ago.

Tom Chen

Official WTSO thread

#285 Post by Tom Chen » January 4th, 2018, 9:31 am

Any thoughts on the 2012 Notre Vin Howell Mountain Cab for $50? $150 from the winery.

Good year and I like Howell Mountain fruit, so took a flyer for three bottles.

Ian Dorin

Official WTSO thread

#286 Post by Ian Dorin » January 4th, 2018, 10:26 am

Tom Chen wrote:Any thoughts on the 2012 Notre Vin Howell Mountain Cab for $50? $150 from the winery.

That's Denis Malbec's label with May Britt. I wonder if she is liquidating??? That's a steal.
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

Derek P
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#287 Post by Derek P » January 4th, 2018, 11:11 am

In for 4
P o 1 z i e n

John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#288 Post by John Glas » January 4th, 2018, 2:15 pm

I got 2 postcards. Using them as a drink coaster.

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#289 Post by mattcitrang » January 4th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Derek P wrote:In for 4
Missed that.

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#290 Post by Jay $$ Winton » January 5th, 2018, 7:53 am

mattcitrang wrote:
Missed that.
call or email them. They usually have stock to sell after an offering.

John O'
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#291 Post by John O' » January 5th, 2018, 11:05 am

J a y W i n t % n wrote:

check your spam box. That's where my notice was.
there's a link to the settlement web site on the main WTSO page
O Sullivan

Seo S a l i m i

Official WTSO thread

#292 Post by Seo S a l i m i » January 5th, 2018, 11:52 am

Ian Dorin wrote:
Tom Chen wrote:Any thoughts on the 2012 Notre Vin Howell Mountain Cab for $50? $150 from the winery.

That's Denis Malbec's label with May Britt. I wonder if she is liquidating??? That's a steal.
2011 is up now. Missed the '12. Will pass on '11.

Ian Dorin

Official WTSO thread

#293 Post by Ian Dorin » January 5th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Great minds think alike, bought 4 too.
ITB

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” -WC Fields

Zachy's

John Simpson
BerserkerDay All-Pro
BerserkerDay All-Pro

Official WTSO thread

#294 Post by John Simpson » January 9th, 2018, 11:05 am

WTSO currently has '15 WesMar RRV Pinot for $28.99. In for 4 to give it a try based on comments here and CT notes. Wish it wasn't so close to BD though.

cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#295 Post by cjsavino » January 13th, 2018, 5:57 am

Seo S a l i m i wrote:
Ian Dorin wrote:

2011 is up now. Missed the '12. Will pass on '11.
We drank two bottles of the 12last night from my Wtso purchase, really nice wine, wish I bought more
Chris

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#296 Post by b. c@stner » January 21st, 2018, 1:02 pm

San Biagio Sorano Barolo 2013 $29.99 free ship on 3
b 0 b

mattcitrang
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#297 Post by mattcitrang » January 21st, 2018, 1:12 pm

Good ratings on that?

b. c@stner
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#298 Post by b. c@stner » January 21st, 2018, 1:22 pm

mattcitrang wrote:Good ratings on that?
Not a Barolo expert. I've had the '11 that WTSO had for a similar price. Somewhat traditional in style and prob going to need some time. Worth a shot at this price in my humble.
b 0 b

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#299 Post by Bdklein » January 29th, 2018, 8:50 am

J a y W i n t % n wrote:
Bdklein wrote:Good wine up there now and a good buy IMO. Ladera Pillow Road RRV Pinot Noir.
opened one last night. I would call this an excellent deal and may go back for more. Very balanced.
2013 on WTSO .
Bruce Klein

Jay $$ Winton
GCC Member
GCC Member

Official WTSO thread

#300 Post by Jay $$ Winton » January 29th, 2018, 9:28 am

Bought another 4 of the Pillow Road. Excellent buy, IMO.

Return to “Wine Talk”