Seattle - Wining and Dining

I will be in Seattle, Washington State, between July 11 and July 17, mainly for the 4. Riesling Rendezvous organised by Dr. Loosen and Ste. Michelle. I am arriving a couple of days ahaed of the Riesling Rendezvous. Any recommendations what to do? Or suggestions of internet sources that might be helpful for me to find out what is going on in Seattle in terms of wining and dining.

Thanks.

Christian

the Eater.com top 38 is spot on. I’d also add to that Bar Sejor and Cantinetta in Fremont.

My wife just spent a couple days in Seattle, and the places she really enjoyed were Barolo Ristorante, Radiator Whiskey, and RN74.

Dining: Canlis

Christian,

Take the ferry to Bainbridge Island and eat at Marche (Greg and Betsy Atkinson).

Walk along the waterfront and try Boat Street Café.

Go to Pike Place Market and have a meal at Le Pichet.

If you are quite ambitious and have a car, go to Café Juanita in Juanita.

Lots of good suggestions are heading your way.

Cheers,
Doug

Corson Building seems to have fallen a bit under the radar, but my last trip there was as wonderful as ever.

Spinasse. Incredible food.

I hear that Luc is quite good.

Aside from all the wining & dining recommendations you’ll receive, you might also check out the Dale Chihuly glass museum near the Space Needle. The man is a force of nature. Also, the tour of the Boeing factory in Everett (30 minutes north) is the only place you’ll see a 747 getting built.

Probably more accurate to say the man’s assistants are forces of nature. Unless you were referring to his business acumen!

Michael

Isn’t Cafe Juanita in Kirkland? I went there over a decade ago, and had a great dinner (rabbit).

You’re right, even the restaurant website says so. But the two townships are very close to (and might be adjacent to) each other. If you are driving, the commute from Seattle is similar.

Cheers,
Doug

Cafe Juanita is in Juanita. But that area has been incorporated into the city of Kirkland. And it always used the Kirkland post office so had a Kirkland address but it is north of downtown Kirkland. I hope that makes sense. I grew up very close to there.

Last time, I was in Seattle, I liked this place very much: schiller-wine: Tasting Washington State Wines at the Tasting Room in Seattle, USA Tasting Room. Any other wine bar recommendations in Seattle? And what about Oyster Bars?

My brother is going up there this weekend and is going to the Gorman winery. I will let you know what he says about it on Monday. WA, WS and WE all rank their wines very high and the price points are very reasonable. He’s bringing some bottles back with him to Monterey. I am flying out there at the end of June, so I will be tasting some of their wine then. I will also let you know what i think of it.

Gorman’s wines are assuredly not for the AFWE. That can be said for most of the wineries in the Woodinville area. Full throttle is generally the style. Januik steers more to the elegant, as does Cadence in the South Park area in Seattle.

P Hickner

Had a great meal at Poppy 2 summers ago. Foodie fun with a great QPR.

Sorry Doug, I hope that didn’t sound snarky. I didn’t realize Juanita was “on the map” - I thought it might have been a typo - shows you what I know! newhere

Dave,

No worries, I certainly did not take it that way.

I did not know Juanita was incorporated into Kirkland for that matter.

By the way, I hope you and I have convinced Christian to go there. It’s a great place.

Cheers,
Doug

Yeah, Poppy is pretty great. Revel, too, if you’ve got time to wait in line.