Ramonet's Ruchottes 10 vs 07

Had a look at these on consecutive nights. The 10 is ripe and powerful but I give the nod to the 07, complete and looks like a good Grand Cru.

• 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Ruchottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (5/17/2013)
    A touch of smoke to the aroma. Also smells also of ripe peach and pear fruits. It has Bâtard like explosiveness and power and the fruit has extraordinary density. It is loaded with chalky dry extract and sap and has a huge and expansive finish. There is so much density here and baring premox you suspect this is a wine that should live for decades.
  • 2007 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Ruchottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (5/16/2013)
    Absolutely singing. There’s some mineral reduction on the nose along with spearmint, lemon and white peach. It has terrific detail in the mouth and is rich without heaviness. It finishes with supreme cut and length of flavour is admirable.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice…

Always love Ramonet’s Ruchottes, agree its often GC level.

I really like this premier cru but alas I have cut back on it due to premox concerns.

The 86 was wonderful as were a number of the vintages in the 90’s.

Good to heare the 07 and 2010 are on form.

Thanks for the notes. I love 07 whites and most of what ive had from 2010 has been excellent as well. I have a few 08 Ramonet Ruchottes…been eyeing them as im worried about premox.

Man, I used to love those Ramonet’s…took a long time to come around but they were great. Even their 92’s had great acidity and lasted long after other 92’s fell apart. Used to buy Batard and Ruchottes expecially, but after a run of premoxed bottles in 96 and 99 I stopped. It seems they started making them to show better upon release, as many producers did, and whether this had anything to do with my premox experience, who knows.

Then again, Leflaive had been my only remaining go-to producer after the premox plague took hold…had never had a premoxed Leflaive…until the 2002 vintage. Now it seems like there has been a change in the winemaking and I have had problem bottles since 02. At those prices, not willing to take a chance.

I fully agree on the TN on the 2010 Ramonet Ruchottes. Amazing wine. It’s extremely enjoyable now but seems to be built for the long run. I’m unsure how this will all work out as I’m unsure about Ramonet’s efforts to fight premox…

Can’t recall seeing anything premoxed after the 2002 vintage, not that that necessarily means a lot…

I know for sure that at least until 2007, there’s not been any change in the winemaking process chez Ramonet.
Does not necessarily mean a lot either…