Retailer Check - Wine O Land in Howell NJ?

Anyone know if these guys are reputable and what store conditions are like? I’m looking at a newish vintage so the latter point shouldn’t matter too much.

TIA.

Bump. Surely someone knows of this place and whether it is solid or stinks. TIA.

Bump.

There’s one on Yelp in Edison:

The two reviews are useless. A local likes all the cheap wine and a Californian is complaining about their online sales model.

I am pretty sure I bought something from them a few years ago – IIRC, it was an unremarkable transaction (I would remember it better if there had been issues), but one good experience doesn’t mean very much. I’m sure it would be more interesting for you to know how they handle things if there is a problem, since everyplace has problems sometimes, but I can’t comment on that. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The one in Edison is primarily liquor, beer, and commodities brands. There are some trophies but they are the usual suspects i.e. Silver Oak etc.
I don’t know if there is a relation to the Howell store, but if I had to guess…

They have a TV ad. They must be reputable:

On Wine Searcher, it says:
“8035 listings now showing for this retailer.
Responds to emails within 24 hours.
Some wines may no longer be available.
Products may not be in stock but can be sourced; fulfilment may take longer.”

By comparison, for Wine Library it says:
“2892 listings now showing for this retailer.
Responds to emails within 24 hours.
No stock problems.”

This tells you that this is a place that puts its distributors’ lists on its website and doesn’t have anything like 8000 wines in stock. Add to that, that you are most likely looking at a fairly rare wine which they won’t be able to get or you are looking there for a very low price which will not be the real price if they can get it.

Same logo, same owners.
I would imagine going in and trying to talk terroir with them would be…interesting.

[rofl.gif]

Thanks all.

Actually looking at a cheapie but in quantity.

Let us know how it turns out.