2007 Bordeaux worth buying?

Just wondering what anyone’s thoughts are on 2007 Bordeaux’s and if they’re worth picking up. I’m more interested in the Right Bank reds then Left & have been eyeing some L’Eglise-Clinet. Of course the prices are high on the 07’s & it seems the 08’s are a better buy. I was very interested in the L’Eglise-Clinet due to the small production & the good track recorded of the wines even in tough vintages. So, just looking for opinions on the vintage. I’ve read most the major press that’s out there but, if anyone has had the chance to taste wines from 07’ recently I’d be interested to hear your opinion, thanks.

Compare the price to the 06 or 08. If the 2007 costs about 1/2 to 2/3 as much, it might be worth a shot. Otherwise, no. I thought some of the red Graves, like DdC and Haut-Bailley were enjoyable, but not much else.

I feel that the 08s and 06s were way better than the 07s.

I wouldn’t touch 2007 for reds - maybe Sauternes.

As the 07’s have lingered on the shelves, prices have continued to decrease. I think there are some nice wines in the $25-$50 range. For example, Cantemerle and Clerc Milon are drinking really well right now. If you are looking for longterm agers, these aren’t the wines and this probably isn’t your vintage but if you want something to drink on the earlier side, there are some good wines hiding out there.

Leave '07 to the restaurants

Haut-Bailly has been the sole 2007 outlier I’ve bought: hard to resist at @$50 if you seek it out, and is approachable now, though waiting another year or two should prove optimal.

Absent price considerations, I think the 2007 L’Eglise-Clinet is a solid wine, that I would have no problems serving.

Absolutely agree… and price is comparable. I think if the 2007’s continue to drop much more in price, then they would be a buy. Retail outlets will continue to lower prices until they see a jump in sales. Until then, they are a complete pass compared to other older vintages that are more approachable now with regards to readiness and price.
-Dave