TN: 2010 Fleur Cardinale

Lots of oaky aromatics, especially chocolate with WA cab-like cinnamon and some blackberry underneath. I’d have a hard time getting to Bordeaux on the nose. A bit of salinity shows up on the palate, but not so much as to be off-putting. Not unlike a slightly-less-fleshy Leonetti Merlot. It’s tasty with a moderately long finish. Decent QPR for Bordeaux in a (very) modern style. The oak really needs to settle in. Even at $35, I won’t be reloading on this one.

Thanks for the note, Jim. I just picked up some 1/2s of this 2010 and you description sound like you are saying that I will like them, if you remember my love of modern styled merlot based blends.

Welcome to the site and maybe we can get together sometime this summer. [cheers.gif]

Here’s a truncated two-night tasting note. Had a few sips last night after uncorking this bottle and liked what I found: Bordeaux without overt California overtones. Modern style yes, domestic grapes no way.

I was looking forward to night 2 as I had to run last night for a work event. Sadly this had not turned but had lost nearly all its energy. Drank, but not really enjoyed, with some tenderloins and spinach.

I thought night two would be way better.