Every collector has fake bottles !?

Anybody with an extensive collection of wines and who buys from auctions may have inauthentic wines. Collectors and individual sellers don’t want anyone to know they have fake wine … [scratch.gif]

Ha! No, I can assure you that I don’t have any fakes. I don’t buy at auction and I don’t buy wines that anyone in their right mind would want to fake. I suspect that the VAST majority of “collectors” here do not own any fakes.

I feel 100% confident I have zero fakes. But, then again, I am not a collector. I am a drinker and killer of babies.

Yeah, that.

I hope you are not letting something spill over from the politics section

I doubt I have any fakes either as it wouldn’t really net anybody anything substantial. Of course that one bottle of d’issan may have had the taint.

I have a 1961 Climens I think may a fugazi.

This reminds me of the dialogue in “When Harry met Sally” right before “I’ll have what she’s having.”

“It’s just that all men are sure it never happened to them and that most women at one time or another have done it so you do the math.”

I have an '82 Kenwood that I’m hoping is a Bordeaux

Do you guys take the risk and still buy rare wines from auction?

Never

I buy mainly from producers. If they sell me fakes … I know where they live!

Do you guys take the risk and still buy rare wines from auction?

Only with Madeira. Haven’t heard of a case with Madeira, and many of the bottles have provenance.

Provenance for me is also a great risk! How do you mean many of the Madeira have provenance?

This. I like killing babies too but nothing compared Eric LaMaster
http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1137362#p1137362

Yeah, he doesn’t bullshit around.

no one is faking the wines I buy at auction ;D

Never, ever.

Best,

Kenney

A question to those avoiding auctions - do you purchase older vintage wines from retailers?

Rarely. But with a retailer at least I have someone I can find to bitch at and with whom I presumably have some established relationship. [soap.gif]

Not that I can recall.

Best,

Kenney