Tonight's bottle...A treat after a rough work week! What are you drinking?

My first glass in about 2 weeks!
image.jpg

Pretty nice return to wine. Two weeks off for any particular reason?

After seven straight days of tasting 100+ wines a day (many of them barrel or tank samples) at VinItaly, I can almost taste this already:

Not sure. Probably either Tribidrag or Burgundy.

Long. Long. Week.

Tonight’s bottle is tequila.

Todd - Had a headcold for about a week or so…so wasn’t feeling it. But frankly, I’m still a near teatotaler in these parts. My goal for 2013 was to open at least a bottle a week - and I have failed miserably. Apparently, I’m a much better shopper than drinker. :frowning: Doesn’t help that my partner is a non-drinker, my closest foodie/wine pals retired and moved to MA, and my nephew to Paris.

FWIW, these Bachelet is flirtysmile ! Like a good golf shot - it will make me return!

That would make me very unhappy…

I’ve been trying to drink only on weekends, with perhaps one day during the week - typically ‘one of those days’…works pretty well, actually.

I hear this.

Gin, I think.

Guess we all had a rough week!

Will be watching tape of today’s round of The Masters while sipping an 09 Scherrer OMV zin…

Probably a chard or pinot - it’s a nice warm night here in Dallas, so outside watching the Masters on the patio - nothing too heavy.

For me, something really nice and pleasant like wine, would be wasted on me.

I’ve got a bottle of 2009 Ganevat Les Chalasses VV that’s been chilling in the fridge for a couple of days. I think tonight’s a good time to open it.

Doesn’t help that my partner is a non-drinker<<<<<

So get a new partner [cheers.gif] .

2010 Cabot Pinot Nash Mill. Stupidly awesome juice.

Had the week off for spring break, made it to first two ball games of the season with the kids. Yoga every day. Opened this Friday with a nice 2010 Bourgogne blanc (Fichet) and trying to decide between mature red burg or '82 GdLatour PR Cali cab to follow

Three Floyd’s Arctic Panzer Wolf

Brilliant choice. Tried my first of these last week and thought it was great.