Lists You're Adding / Dumping in 2014

BUMP!

I rarely buy from lists because it typically isn’t cost effective. Almost everything I used to buy direct now just sits gathering dust at retail. You can find almost anything.

I’m still on Snowden and Dry Creek Vineyard but only for things that are limited in production and don’t make it to retail.

I don’t plan to add anyone.

At one point, I was on so many. Harlan, Bryant, Colgin, Arajuo, Peter Michael, Abreu, etc, etc, etc. Now? Zero. I don’t see the point. There’s no ‘discount’ for primary market pricing anymore, really. So I just buy what I want when people want to sell…

I’m only on one: Copain.

Do not intend to add or subtract.

Added:
Schrader
Thomas

Dumped:
Kosta Browne
Scarecrow
Cayuse

It’s Complicated:
Rhys
Saxum
Littorai
Maybach

BFF:
Carlisle
Rivers-Marie
WesMar
Skewis
Stefania
Kutch

Soulmates:
Ayoub
Windy Oaks
Ceritas

*This list is subject to change at any time for any irrational reason.

Adding A Tribute to Grace.

i need to lose some. buying so much more than i drink

This

Only consistently on Bedrock and Rhys now. Bedrock I love the whites and inexpensive reds, Rhys for long-term. Dropped Arista and Papapietro. Skipped the last Anthill, maybe I’ll jump back on for the Anderson Valley pinots. I find I buy way more of a producers wines from lists than I need, so it’s just much more useful to pick up 1s and 2s of interesting wines as I find them here.

Dropped off my last domestic list a couple years back and have never looked back. Hate the pressure to buy 10 different cuvees from one producer just to protect my allocation. Freedom! It was easy for me anyway since I buy 95% old world wines. 68% of cellar is from France now. Now I selectively pick random blts of really cool domestic stuff I love like Mt Eden Vineyards.

Added Kokomo.

Dropped Eric Kent a while back due to too much wine in general, but just “rejoined”…opening a few of their Pinots/Chards made me realize that I’ve never had a bottle from Kent that I didn’t like.
A versatile producer that I don’t get tired of + reasonable pricing = Yahtzee!

Dropped several last year. Still on far too many but I’m not quite sure what to do about it. I like Jeb’s method of classification:

Added:
Apsara
A Tribute to Grace
Liquid Farm
Rasa

It’s complicated:
Cayuse
Rhys
Saxum
Littorai

BFFs:
Bedrock
Carlisle
Ceritas
Kutch
WesMar
Stefania
Tercero
Myriad/Quivet

I added Vine Hill Ranch.
When I got the offer I found out they don’t ship to my hayseed state so I’m dropping Vine Hill Ranch.
Also dropping Sea Smoke
May also drop Outpost

Will continue
Copain
Cristom
Lewelling
Schrader
Drinkward-Peschon
Scarecrow (maybe)
Maison-Ilan
Hayfork
Continuum
Arnot-Roberts
Ovid (maybe)

No, really. This!

Drink more? [cheers.gif]

You make it sound so simple. [scratch.gif]

Added - Bokisch, Rochioli

Steady as she goes - Bedrock, Drew, Kutch, Turley, Copain, Wind Gap, Coterie

Punted - Sea Smoke, Tablas Creek, Rhys, Williams Selyem, Flowers

Added:

• No Girls - because you can never have too much Cayuse.

Staying loyal to:

• Anthill Farms
  • Cayuse
  • Ceritas
  • Kutch
  • Rivers Marie
  • Rhys
  • Windy Oaks

Dropped:

• Pretty much all my cabernet lists

Mostly I’m perennially short of ready to drink Barolo / Barbaresco.

Will probably be dropped by Rochioli. They refuse to ship to MD and I refuse to buy from anyone who doesn’t ship to MD. This means not buying Zin from Lamborn for the same reason even though their wines are enjoyable. I remain with Copain, Navarrow, and Loring. Just added Peay and I am so glad I did. Also will buy from Siduri and just picked up some from Arista.

Cheers,
Curt