NOW AVAILABLE! Seven of Hearts - Bob Wood Memorial Barrel

Edited to include the link in Post #1 to make it easy!

http://www.sevenofheartswine.com/2013/03/in-honor-of-bob-wood/

My fellow Berserkers,

There have been a number of inquiries via PM to moderators as to establishing a fund to assist Bob Wood’s family with the arrangements for his services. We are pleased to announce that a favorite Oregon wine maker, Byron Dooley of Seven of Hearts, has offered up his services. After contacting Byron and discussing with him a few strategies we think this is the one that makes the most sense, provides the best value for Berserkers as well as giving you something to open in Bob’s honor when the wine ships in November (unless you make the party at Seven of Hearts in October!). Doug Ackerman will also be involved as will his grapes with the tie between Doug and Byron being introduced to one another by Bob years ago.

One of the reasons Bob loved Seven of Hearts as much as he did was Byron provided wine in the style he enjoyed as well as offering a fantastic value for the wine.

Byron has offered up the wine and his services at his cost with the additional proceeds going to the family to offset any costs they have. That cost is $15.00 per bottle and we think that a price of $35.00 to us is a good price point and allows for roughly $5,000.00 per barrel in contributions to the Wood family.

The wine is currently in barrel and will be going thru bottling in September or October and will be ready for pickup at Seven of Hearts (where Byron and his wife would like to have a party) and for shipping (at a cost that will be passed along to the buyer) in March 2014 (with the pickup party then also). Depending on the size of the group planning on being at the pickup, it will be at either the tasting room or the Armstrong vineyard.

We will have the web page at Seven of Hearts available for order taking on Saturday and will update everyone with that information.

We do know that this will be a select barrel from Armstrong Vineyard, Ribbon Ridge and the 2012 vintage, which is significant to Doug and Byron as it was Bob Wood who introduced the two men which produced the partnership they have today for grape growing and wine making. The clones are yet to be decided and Byron and Doug will update us when that is complete.

We thank Byron and Doug for their contributions and offers to provide all of us with an opportunity to share in Bob’s love of wine while at the same time making a donation to his family.

[welldone.gif]

Thank you Byron and Doug (and Zach)!!!

+1

[welldone.gif]

$35 for a shitty Oregon Pinot Noir? I’m in!

+1

He didn’t want credit, but tough luck for him. A big thanks goes out to Chris Freemott for getting this going

I’d add that this is an effort primarily by Chris Freemott and Zach, so thank you guys for putting this together, as well as Byron and Doug!

Our hope is that we can do one barrel per year in a similar fashion, as a Bob Wood Memorial, and structure it similarly, so that funds continue to be donated to Bob’s family, including the grandkids’ college fund.

Awesome! I’m in.

Wasn’t Squires a big part of making this happen, too? :wink:

Gentlemen:

What a perfect tribute. Thank you in advance for making this inspired idea happen. Count me in for a case.

Thank you all so very much. I am at a complete loss for words.

I’m so in.

Zach, Chris, Byron, Doug, and all others involved…you guys effing rock!!!

In. This is a perfect tribute.

Will David Klinger handle the shipping?

You guys are awesome. This is why I love you all so. grouphug

Megan, I’m sure you don’t remember me, but i was at Carrie and Randy’s, and I met you briefly (you were so busy and helpful!). Yes, he did call me a bitch for stealing a lambsickle, but I knew he was just being him. We turned it into our “thing”. Every time I would give him shit here, he would call me bitch. Then I would give him a

flirtysmile . He was always able to turn his gruffness around to a “hug” if he liked you. flirtysmile

[cry.gif]

You got to put Jay Cutler on the inaugural label.

Me too. Not the open-minded part, but a worthy cause

This is a great way to remember Bob- I am in for the wine! I would love to see some special label- at least for the first release!!

Lots of ideas for the label- Cutler, the Beibs, Crocs, Cargo Shorts- I am sure there are a few others!!!

Oh, Yes, there will most definitely be a fitting and honorary name to the blend… Some others that have been bandied about: Duck Juice Blend, Curmudgeon Cuvée (Chris’ idea)…

I believe Chris will lead the charge in a vote for the final name to be used…

Me too. I would like a large format that I can use for a Berserkerfest