Rasa Futures

Anyone else jumping in on these two? Haven’t tried myself but have heard great things.

$20 for a second label riesling?

$95 for cab blends?

I do want to go try them this summer when i’m there, but man the prices seem a tad hefty no? or are the wines THAT good?

Chris,
Did you receive an e-mail for these? I got one last month for the Verdot and the Occam’s Razor and placed an order. I’ve been looking forward to this one too but I haven’t received anything. I wonder what’s up.

I just received the email offering Syrah and Mourvedre futures… When I logged in it had the Verdot and the Occam’s Razor too.
Suggestions? I haven’t had any Rasa juice.

Scratch my last post. I just received it. This one is for a Grenache and a Mourvedre. The Verdot and Occam’s Razor Syrah was last month’s futures offer but all four are available now at futures prices. I wonder if I can wait until the next one in a few weeks so that I can assemble a case with free shipping or if these will drop off futures pricing by then. This is a confusing system.

Chris was thinking same thing. Curious how the juice stands up to its $$$ lots of solid juice in that ballpark.

So far, Mark is the only non-Chris in this thread.

Just email Pinto or Billo and ask–I’ve found them very responsive to email–usually within a few hours.

I haven’t had this year’s line up, but the wines are very good. I haven’t quite decided about the $95 deal, but the $40-50 wines I think are well worth it and their second label PB wines can be quite good as welland they take some interesting flyers with their sencond label (I still have a little of their dry late harvest pinot gris, which could fool you blind into thinking you’re in Alsace.) I think it’s well worth taking a futures flyer on a mixed case.

Man, I am dying to try that grenache.
I just don’t have the funds right now to plunk down for higher end wines untasted, but based on everything I’ve had from these guys, I’m pretty sure I would be rewarded if I did. Hopefully a trip to WW is in the cards for 2013, but I’m going to have to pass on the futures.
It’s gooood juice, though.

We visited in August last year, so my opinions are based on last year’s releases. I found the QED and in Order to Form a Perfect Union to be my absolute favorites. In my mind, they’re some of the most elegant wines I’ve had from Washington. If you’re concerned about pricing, order those later this year via futures or consider ordering from Mackey Vineyards, as Billo is also the winemaker. The price points are a bit lower with a consistent style and attention to quality, just not necessarily the same level of complexity or aging potential.

I’ve been drinking Rasa ever since the first release QED. I’ve had about every winery in W2 on many occasions, and Rasa was one of the first to make me do a double-take when they came on the scene.

I’ve since become friends with Pinto and Billo and encourage people try their wines whenever you get a chance. I think the QED is one of the best blends in WA state, and the Creative Impulse DuBrul vineyard Cabernet is worth every penny and then some. I haven’t tried the new Grenache yet, but very excited to do so, I’ve tasted other wines Billo made with Rocks fruit and they were very good.

It becomes hard to justify certain bottle prices when you get to a point of having a full cellar and limited budget. For the quality of wines I consider Rasa a strong buy still even when I’ve drastically scaled back.

I waited too long last fall on the cabs to get futures price - it will expire as the release gets close. Berserker Day deal dropped back to those prices and I was able to buy in, but I learned my lesson. I’m planning on the Occam’s to keep my 2009 bottles company, the Grenache because I am curious and the Riesling based on prior ravings from people I trust.

The wines are pricey but worth it @ futures prices especially – great purity of fruit, well balanced acid, very smooth and almost glossy but not lacking in structure. Classy WA. I’m less sure about terroir expression (being somewhat new to the region/vineyards) but there is a lot of craft in these wines.

I’ve found the customer service to be superb, including with shipping issues. It didn’t hurt that they accidentally included an extra bottle in my last order. The timing of these offers has been personally terrible but this is my favorite new winery since Bedrock.

The Lyricist IMHO is the best new world Riesling there is.
I would agree that I find more finesse in the wines, they seem more complete then other younger wineries in the same area. While I agree they don’t show like other wines, I don’t know if they show less ‘terroir’. It will be interesting to see where these end up but I’m up for a case of the Lyricist and another mix 6. I think the Vox Populi is their best Southern ‘Rhone’ wine, 100% Mourvedre, gotta love that…

Pulled a cork on 2010 In Order to Form a More Perfect Union tonight. What an AFWE, domestic, Bordeaux blend this is. It’s all saline and other halides, mild cured meats and smoke. 0 fruit, freakshow compared to other domestic blends.

Compelling wine. I saved a 1/2 glass to retaste today but wife poured that out.