I highly recommend fans of old school Napa Cabernet to sign up for this list. This is the new winery from Graeme and Alex Macdonald. I have tasted the wines and Corison and a slightly more approachable Dunn come to mind. It is a truly special wine from a holy ground in Napa, in a style that is just not seen much. Graeme was the Assistant Winemaker at Scholium project where I was fortunate to get to know him. His family planted vineyards in To Kalon in 1954. The grapes have gone into the Robert Mondavi Reserve and To-Kalon Vineyards since 1966

I am 100% sure that Graeme will be one of the next star winemakers in Napa. He is a young guy and he already has worked for at least three top wineries and is extremely passionate. Graeme also happens to be an extremely nice person. I wish him the best. You will not regret signing up for this list early.

http://www.macdonaldvineyards.com

Doug Wilder just feature the winery on his latest report and rated the 2009 95 points and the 2010 94 points.

I will not steal Doug’s thunder and will refer you to his excellent publication - he did an excellent and thorough write up but he did say - "I have no doubt that this brand will quickly establish itself as one of the most sought-after wines from Oakville. "

The 2009 was only 22 cases and the 2010 around 90 so sign up early!

p.s.

Mike P. - Graeme would be a great guest to invite to CLONY. Maybe combined with a To Kalon Theme???