Maybach Coming

In case you weren’t broke enough…Feb 27 9am PST

How is it?

Great. May be the best yet.

Curious…what previous vintage(s) would you compare them to. I really enjoyed the 04’s and 07’s, but not so much the 05 and 06.

Ross, I would say the Materium in 2010 is similar to 2006 and 2009. Believe it or not I was not the biggest fan of the 2007.

Did you guys get an email notification regarding the release?

Chris

Yes, check your email

Offer is live, however I’m unable to view the Blind Auction lot. Was curious to see what this was about. Anyone else able to view it?

The blind auction site didnt pull up for me at first but it seems to be working now. There are 75 4-bottle verticals (2004-2007) of Materium Cabernet being auctioned with 100% of proceeds going to charity.

I’ve only had the Materium. How does the Amoenus compare?

I already ordered anyway (and got some of each), but I’m curious what to expect.

This is my first allocation of Maybach. I’m curious on tasting notes of these vintages and if it’s worth taking the plunge.

Thanks. Link is working now.

I’ll definitely buy the Materium, but am intrigued to know of others’ thoughts on Amoenus and Eterium as well.

There looks to be quite a bit of this up for grabs on Commerce Corner.

Has this wine lost all of its luster due to Galloni’s low (relative to RMP) scores, or is there just a shift from this style/price combination?

I’m in for my entire Materium allocation (plus I wish-listed 2 more).

I think it is simply that the allocations are pretty generous now that there are two Cabernets. It would be pretty expensive to take the whole allocation of both Cabs plus the Chardonnay.

The amount of 2010 Maybach full allocations for sale in Commerce Corner is mind boggling. I guess one critic does STILL move a market.
Amazing.

I honestly don’t know the scores of any of the vintages, current or past. I just know I like the previous vintages of Materium a lot, and based on that I’m willing to give the other wines a shot as well…

I am curious. If all you regular buyers who don’t buy for your own cellars this year are just passing because of scores? Wouldn’t just leaving it on the table so Chris can open the list be a better option? I know people still waiting for an allocation. By purchasing and reselling for cost, you must be looking to secure your allocation for next year or even 2012 when they won’t get 89s. Right?
Understandably some will pass for financial reasons, and this is always understood.

All this should not shock me, but it does when I look at the amount of For Sale in CC.

BTW, the samples Antonio rated these on were possibly flawed. I have tasted them and the Materium could quite possibly be the best yet. Buy I’m not Antonio. What do I know.

Carry on. Rant over.

Scores? Never even thought of that and I detest the subject and scores and pricing. I passed this time b/c I want to apply my finite dollars into other things, yet I want to be able to determine if next year I want to purchase without losing my spot. This is why I put my allocation up in Commerce Corner. If I don’t buy next time, I’d probably get with Chris to give my slot away.

I do dig the auction idea. That should raise a big load of funds for the charities. Love that.