Wine Refrigerator

Having moved from the suburbs to the city, I had to give up the dedicated wine cellar in the basement and now shopping for a wine fridge. I know the natural answer would be Eurocave but they seem to be so expensive relative to other brands. Any good recommendations? Looking at those that hold approximately 150 bottles.

Avanti

Mark, the best advice that I can give you is to scour Craigslist, daily, and type Eurocave in the search. You’ll be amazed. And, people are willing to negotiate!

If the weather were nicer, I might consider driving in and picking this up myself:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/3603597771.html

Then again, I can’t quite tell who manufactured it, so have no idea whether there’s anyone around who’s able to service/fix it.

Cooling unit looks like a breezeaire, can be removed and replaced for $700.

For cheap and reliable I like avanti. For high end, reliable, attractive, great customer service and with an easily replaced compressor I’ve had le cache recommended to me for years.

An older Avanti or U-Line on craigslist would be great as they were made better than the newer/current models… I have both and they have been very good to me.

Necro

Mark B