Galloni next to leave the stinking ship...

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/a-new-web-venture-for-antonio-galloni/

"…it was clear that the best way for me to guarantee the highest level of independence and quality was to run my own business.’’ --Antonio G.
En Garde!
Best of luck to AG.

Very interesting. I wish him well. Pity we TWA subscribers learn about it this way.

He should never have abandoned The Piedmont Report.

Completely disagree. He is a much better brand for having associated with TWA. Vastly more exposure than he could ever have achieved on his own. Now he has a chance to capitalize on that notoriety

Shame on you for still subscribing neener [snort.gif]

Wow!! Good for him and I wish him only the very best!! I wonder, however, just how many of these types of ventures the “internets” can handle. I am also interested to see just how one would go about appealing to a younger audience, and just how one defines “young”… I have a couple of friends that play in the NHL and i’ve been trying to get them into wine for some time. It definitely takes patience because they almost all want to drink labels, points and fruit when they are in their 20’s. They have the resources to buy better wine (usually at a much lower cost!), but they loves them some Caymus SS!

Exciting news for Antonio.

Interesting to see where the Wine Advocate ends up in 2-3 years. Maybe this is Squires’ big break

Indeed.

I’m waiting for Klapp’s take.

Yes. A complete mystery what he might say.

I wonder if Parker finds out from his own bb? [wow.gif]

Antonio leaving makes me rethink resubscribing to TWA. I got into wine fairly young, at 19, as to connecting with the young crowd in my opinion Gary Vaynerchuck and WLTV did really good, still haven’t seen anyone do something similar with the same amount of passion or excitement. I look forward to Antonio’s new venture, I do think it is a saturated market though, I initially subscribed to Suckling’s site but left since it seemed lacking. Just my 2 cents.

I really like AG tasting notes…I would even consider subscribing to his publication.

As for TWA - this is an epic fail.

BTW, the OP misspells Antonio’s name

Definitely a big blow to TWA, and a major risk to Antonio. I hope he does not seek to emulate Suckling!

Great move, and best of luck to Antonio!

Like Rudy Giuliani’s wife learning from his press conference that he was leaving her.

You can’t read his description and not be reminded of Suckling’s words when he started his own venture.

…but AFAIK Antonio doesn’t "Live in Tuscany"®

I think Antonio is extremely talented and hope to meet him someday. His TN’s are very solid! I am also looking forward to see how he goes about attracting younger individuals to wine through his new website. After putting TWA on his resume, it should be a cinch to obtain financial backing. I wish him the best of luck and would bet he’ll be v. successful.