Aubert 2011 Chardonnay Offering

The 2011 Aubert Chard offering is due Jan 15th. Anyone tasted them, or heard anything?

Thanks.

vintage of the century: must buy! [snort.gif]

But seriously, the wines are generally pretty consistent year over year but YMMV.

Wine is consistent… so are the price increases. [wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

There is a recent thread about Aubert here:
https://wineimport.discoursehosting.net/t/so-tell-me-about-aubert/71516/1

I love them, but they are subject to vintage variations and their scores have come down a bit…so it’s tough to pay $100 (with tax and shipping) for a 93 point bottle of chardonnay. Personally, I think the wines are losing a bit of concentration, but again that could be vintage issues. How was '11 for Chardonnay?

To be fair, if a French white burg was 93 points it would sell out at $100, so go figure with the pricing. Just getting too high “for me.”

We just love his chards, so we’re all in as soon as it comes out.

The allocations have been loaded on the web, there are the standbys, but a lot of new offerings as well (I excluded the Pinot as I don’t like them):

2011 Ritchie Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 750 ml, $80.00 ea.

2011 Aubert Estate Lauren Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 750 ml, $90.00 ea.

2011 UV-SL Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 750 ml , $80.00 ea.

2011 Eastside Vineyard Russian River Chardonnay 750 ml , $80.00 ea.

2011 CIX Estate Vineyard Chardonnay 750 ml, $80.00 ea.

2011 Napa Valley Estate Chardonnay 750ml, $55.00 ea.

Anyone have any info on the new vineyards?

I’m sad to see that Reuling dropped off. Along with Hyde & Sons. Anyone know what the story is there?

In addition to the list above, I was offered the 2009 Sonoma Coast Pinot for $55. As usual, a number of magnum chards only available thru wish list. (Can’t see the full list anymore since I already placed my order.)

Per a post on the “other” board, Reuling is gone and CIX is being offered in its place. Also, it was posted that Hyde was undermined by rain and the resulting wine was not of sufficient quality.