Pierre Ponnelle Help

I’ve read several posts (recent and older) about Chateau Ponnelle being a good negociant and some notable tastings of older bottles. I found some of the following and would love any input you may have:

1978 Clos de Vougeot
1978 Nuits St. Georges
1983 Mazis Chambertin

1982 Batard Montrachet

All of these have pretty good fills and been kept in decent (not perfect) conditions for a very long time. Assume about $150 for the grand crus and $75 for the villages. Worth gambling on you think?

Thanks in advance!

doubt it is Chateau Ponnelle, but just Pierre Ponnelle,
but if well stored would jump at those bottles
alan

CdV and Mazis, yes, NSG not really. Batard, I’d wanna look at color, and fill on all of them.

Thanks, gents. Not sure what I was thinking with Chateau Ponnelle. Pierre Ponnelle it is indeed.

My pictures don’t show color very well, but the Batard is definitely a light caramel colored wine. I’m not a big white burg guy, so I will probably pass on it anyway. I’m much more curious about the reds, especially the 1978 bottles since there are notes on 1978 Ponnelles floating around.

1983 may be worth it too? I’ve never had a red burg from that vintage.

Depending on price, I’d jump on them. I’ve had nothing but wonderful PP wines from the 50’s onward.

Assuming decent storage, I’d jump on the reds. Had a '62 Gevry 1er that was amazingly good a few weeks ago.

Buy the reds!

A '59 Ponnelle Clos St Denis drunk recently was marvellous