TN: 2011 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie)

• 2011 Domaine Chignard Fleurie Les Moriers - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie (11/27/2012)
    Vivid purple in colour and bursting with purple fruits and purple flowers. The sweet fruits have a tarry edge and plenty of flora. It is luscious, sweet and sappy with a stemsy finish sprinkled with freshly cracked pepper. There’s enough muscle under the flesh to suggest it should be a good mid-term ager as well. Delicious stuff!

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, Jeremy. This one sounds really nice.

What’s your preference between these wines and the ones the father used to make, Jeremy?

No experience with the latter Claude. What’s your take?

I think the son is good (but more modern); however, I’ve not had one from him yet that could thrill me the way the father’s wines could – père was not only my favorite Fleurie producer but one of my handful of favorite Bojo producers, period.

What year was his last vintage?

Off the top of my head, must have been somewhere around 2005-2006.

07 was the first vintage I tasted of this wine. I’ll keep my eye out for older ones on wine lists next year when in France.

I knew nothing of the transition from father to son, but having had this since only 2004, I’ve always enjoyed this wine and placed it high among my favorite cru Beaujolais.