15" Under Counter Wine Refrigerators. Need advice please

We’re renovating our kitchen, and my wife has given me the green light to get a 15" under counter wine refrigerator. I don’t have a clue, so I came here to start my research. I found a limited variety online that are <$1000. If you’ve purchased this, or have an opinion on brands, I’d like to hear it.

Thanks.

The only quality brands are marvel/u-line/sub-zero, none are in that price range. Mostly 1-2k.

Very few 15" front venting models exist.

Have a 24" sub zero and it works well. Don’t really have any complaints. Front vents. Wish I could give you more help, but it does what it needs and I have no problems with it, but it’s only been in for 3 years

I haven’t researched this, but 15" strikes me as extremely thin once you’ve got the walls of the fridge. Figuring 2"/side you’re down to 11", which is only going to get 2 bottles wide.

They say a 15" holds between 30 - 35 bottles. [scratch.gif]

With a simple Google search I see several options under $500.

Wine Logic makes a Wine Rack that is fitted to go in a cabinet and fits 18 wine bottles.

If you are looking for a Wine Refrigerator, however, this is not for you, as it is just a rack with no refrigerator.

But it’s around 300 so it is in your price range.

Anyway, hope something works out for you! I like the green light from the wife thing, haha.

$300 for an 18-bottle rack???

Looks like they’re designed to have two bottles back to front, and three bottles wide. Maybe there’s just enough room. And maybe they can get three only with bordeaux.

Anyway, I’d stick with the well known brands if I were doing this.

After doing that last week, I was smart enough to come here. [wink.gif]

Ha, it’s an in cabinet one that is high quality material and the shelves slide in and out. It looks really nice but even with that, you are right. $300 is a bunch of money. But I like mine because it moves with me every year when I get new place and the wine that is kept there is worth more than the rack.

I have a 36 bottle uline in the Kitchen. for 11 years. Needed service once.

Very nice. I’ve always heard good things about uline. Just out of my price range at the moment.

Any opinions on the Vinotemp? It’s seems to get good reviews.

Dan, What brand, if any, did you decide upon?

Andrew

I’m looking at 24" Kitchenaid, any thoughts on these?

Scotsman makes a 15" wine cooler which pairs with their refrigerator and their small ice machine.

Scotsman model SCV 32

Good luck.

Jack Johnson

Ken - my wife and I are doing a built in wine storage/media wall and we went with the GE monogram (which is around the same price). It’s only been plugged in for 2 weeks (still waiting for all the cabinets) but really happy with it; quiet and the temp holds really well. Using it for whites, we also got larger Thermador model for reds.

Cheers,
Mark