Hilarious "bio" science

From an un-named winery newsletter - I hope these excerpts don’t violate fair use.

<<According to this calendar, wines will also taste better, or at least different, on particular days as both people and the wine react to the pull of the lunar cycle.

Fruit days are the best day for drinking wine. A wine will perform to its full potential. Fruit days occur when the moon is in Aries, Leo or Sagittarius.

Flower days are acceptable wine drinking days. Constellations Libra, Aquarius and Gemini fall into the flower day category.

Leaf days are a little riskier, they can cause a wine to be more closed in and show brighter acids and tannins. These occur when the moon is in Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces.

Root days are the worst of wine tasting days, showing earthier tones in wine and less fruit. Root days coincide with moon’s orbit into Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.

There is some debate as to whether these distinctions should be drawn to choose which wine to drink on a particular day or whether one ought to just drink wine on fruit and flower days, but there is a growing conviction that the moon’s influence has an effect on the perceived taste of wine. Some days show more minerally notes, while others accent fruit.>>

P Hickner

Yup let’s all laugh at the bio-dynamic crowd because that never gets old rolleyes

I wonder who the debaters mentioned in the last paragraph might be. It’s hard for me to imagine what that debate might sound like.

Freakin’ Hippies.

It’s almost as fun as laughing at creationists, and safer.

P Hickner

Thats why I smoke weed on the leaf and root days.

NWR

ask you shall receive:

http://www.permies.com/forums

I guess I must have missed the link for “Hokum”.

I find the sous bois in Burgundy is accentuated on leaf days.

<<According to this calendar, wines will also taste better, or at least different, on particular days as both people and the wine react to the pull of the lunar cycle.

Fruit days are the best day for drinking wine. […]

There’s an app for that…
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id375603348?mt=8

Hilarious, Tom.

I have the Wine Tonight app for iPhone …for entertainment purposes only (it’s free, so what the heck). Today’s a Root Day, btw.

Never smoke on seed days. They’re harsh on the lungs and have been known to pop when exposed to flame.

Funny too that there is no mention of drinking on long days or crappy days.

Did a little test on Thursday with a 2005 Jean Bourdy Savagnin Côtes du Jura. According to my new Wine Tonight app :slight_smile:, Thursday was a flower day (good) up until 7pm, then switched to a root day (bad) after 7. Opened bottle at 6pm PST. Wine was very vibrant and quite delicious in a Jura kind of way. Had a little sherry poking through but once it was chilled a little was very enjoyable. Sure enough after 7 it lost a lot of its zip and wasn’t very interesting. Went to some reds on counter and all were nasty, grabbed a Weber Pinot out of cellar and it was not up to par either, very gloppy and cloying when it had been much more restrained in the past.
And no, I was not smoking weed on this night! Going to keep the experiment going and see if there is any truth to it. I know everybody goes through spells where nothing tastes good, this might explain it. Going to reverse the process and take note when wine tastes especially good/bad then pop out my handy wine app and see what’s up.

Putting this notion to a test is a great idea. To get anything meaningful out of the test you will need careful controls, like testing the exact same wine blind under different astrological conditions, or you will need a huge amount of varied data over many wines, times, people, places.

P Hickner

Should I drink when Taurus and Feces are aligned?

If you like barnyard

blahblah

What the hell are you talking about? Why would you not laugh at that complete and utter nonsense?

but it all depends on whether you swirl the wine clockwise or counterclockwise in your glass.
alan

this is starting to almost sound confusing. Alan, I didn’t read all of your email. But, which foot should I hop on again? My dog ate that crystal thing, worried about where he should deposit, on root or fruit?

I think that depends whether your above or below the equator?