Cellar Design SF Bay Area

Hi folks,

I’ve been reading through the archives of the various wine cellar threads, and have come to the conclusion that there’s plenty of ways for a non-expert to go wrong in putting in a cellar. Rather than rely on my general contractor, I"m thinking about hiring a cellar design/build expert.

Can anyone recommend a resource that services the San Francisco Bay Area (Menlo Park specifically)?

Thanks,
Ted

We were very pleased working with Patrick Wallen of Artistic Wine Cellars. http://artisticcellars.com/ He’s based in Marin but had no problem doing our job in Piedmont.

If you are willing to provide some elbow grease, I don’t believe you need any real expertise to build your own cellar.
These “services” are way too expensive and the money you save doing it yourself can better be spent on Vino…
I’ve owned homes in Palo Alto and Sunnyvale over the last 20 year span and successfully built functional cellars in both of them.
Just moved to the Monterey area and built a new cellar. (The 5th cellar I’ve built in my life)
PM me and I’ll provide you with my phone number if you want to discuss it.

TTT

I would make sure to do a lot of research and watch all the how-tos out there. I would also call Paul! Sounds like he knows his stuff.