Loring Winter Release

The Loring Winter Release went live this morning:

2010 Divergence ($99)
2010 Convergence ($79)
2010 Cabernet Sauvignon ($48)
2011 Grenache ($48)
2011 Mourvedre ($48)

Has anybody tasted these? I’m very curious since I’m a big fan of their pinots.

I am super curious about the Grenache. Sounds yummy.

Let’s just say… the wines aren’t “shy” [berserker.gif] And don’t overlook the big discount if you buy them as 3 packs ($79 per bottle instead of $99, $66 per bottle instead of $79, and $39 per bottle instead of $48) [drinkers.gif]

True, sorry I left the 3 pack discount out of the initial post. I do wish there were a discounted “sampler pack” (1 bottle each of the cab, grenache and mourvedre) for this offer.

I enjoy wines that are not “shy”. [berserker.gif]

As if Loring wasnt the number 1 producer in my cellar already. At least you had the decency of not making a syrah.
[snort.gif]

… yet!

Ain’t gonna happen. The only Syrah we made was for the Hospice du Rhone barrel auction in 2006. I swore an oath that would be the only Syrah we’d ever make - and I intend to keep that promise [berserker.gif]

Very excited to try the Cab…Great pricing on the three pack…

Where is the cab fruit from?

This was on the mailer:

All of the fruit for these wines come from Russell Family Vineyard in Paso Robles. Erich Russell’s vineyard is special in many ways. While many vineyards say they have limestone, and point to the odd rock here and there as proof, Russell Family Vineyard is virtually all limestone. In winter, when the vines are bare, it looks like the vineyard is covered in snow. There are also dozens of hills that provide varying elevations and sun exposures. It’s like a hundred different little vineyards, and Erich has precisely matched varieties and clones to each specific location. What that translates to is stunning fruit with great concentration and amazing natural acidity. These wines aren’t overloaded with tannin, so they’re ready to drink right away. The awesome structure of each wines comes from the acidity, which keeps the wines bright and fresh despite their richness. Very serious, yet seriously fun, wines to drink. We’re extremely excited for you to try our new creations!

I remember Lorraine Showing me something to that effect on the back label…what did it say exactly?

The Loch Ness Monster. Big Foot. Loring Syrah.

Three mythic entities that will forever foster debate as to whether they really exist or not. Born from a ridiculous idea by Mat Garretson, and the shared delusion of Gary Franscioni and Gary Pisoni, the brother and sister winemaking team of Brian and Kimberly Loring have brought forth a truly once in a lifetime wine. If uniqueness was the only measure of a wine, you have in your hand the rarest of all Bacchus inspired libations. There will NEVER be another Loring Syrah. EVER. Never ever again. This is it. We promise.

There were 20 cases of this wine produced for the 2006 Hospice du Rhone Barrel Auction. The high bidder for the lot was Lorraine Alban. We were going to name the wine after the winning bidder, but sadly, “Lorraine” was already taken.

[drinkers.gif]