TN: 2005 AJV Signature Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

• 2005 AJV Signature Wines Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/15/2009)
    This wine is easy to judge. Especially once you take into account the price point— ($13.00).
    A bit of damp cellar floor on the nose. Some blackberries and currant under that overwhelming floor nose though. The color is super dark and says older wine. The palate has the floor, but also some wonderful cassis filled blackberries, black currant, kirsch, leather and tar. There is a decent plushness that I really like. I would say more of a bordeaux blend than pure cab, and I have yet see a breakdown if there is one. A really fine and balanced tannin/acid level, I may choose to enjoy this one a few degrees cooler in the future. The finish is long and supple, and it’s very nice.

Read the first line of this note. With that in mind this is in QPR territory. Eliminate the cellar floor notes and we have a winner. Pretty good nontheless. What the hell do you expect for 13 beans? (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker