Bottle Rock Wine Bar in downtown LA

Just a brief note to mention that I went to the “grand opening” of the wine bar Bottle Rock in downtown LA last night. Bottle Rock is a combination wine bar and wine retailer, and there’s an extensive selection of wines by the bottle and by the glass. They also serve food, but for last night it was just plates of appetizers/cheese/bread.

Although the retail prices are on the medium+ side of retail pricing, the pricing if you order off the list is quite reasonable–I think $15 over the price in the “store.” Worth checking out if you’re in downtown LA.

Bruce

Have you been to the Culver City location? How did food and wine lists and prices compare?

where in downtown is this new location?

Brian–I haven’t been to the CC location in a while, but my memory is that the CC location had a slightly more eclectic mix of wines. Here’s the website:

http://www.bottlerock.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce

very cool. thank you. [thankyou.gif]

I was there as well. I found the pricing ran from very good to normal retail. It was a crowded party atmosphere for the opening so it was hard to get a beat on the feel of the place. I like the concept of the off the shelf wine sales combined with a restaurant though. I’m always shocked that more places haven’t gone this route instead of the straight up over priced and poorly selected wine bars that seem to pop up more often. I hope they do well.

Thank you both for coming out to celebrate the opening! And for posting! [thankyou.gif] Your support means everything. Hoping to try to get a Pimp/Ho style deal worked out for Berserkers. grouphug We shall see!

And carrying forth with my ‘shameless plug’ concept, what’s it take to get the wines poured there?!?!?!

Larry, observe: [worship.gif]

Kidding! [berserker.gif]

Oh, I figure if someone invites me to a wine bar opening, the least I can do is post about it…

Not sure whether I would rather be a Pimp or a Ho in any Berserkers deal. Isn’t that more of a malt liquor sort of thing?

Bruce

is this the first like it around LA? it’s pretty common in SD

No.

Not the first but with all of the “wine bars” opening over the past 5-10 years you would think a greater percentage would be this way. Hopefully they will catch on.

3rd Corner was the first one I had gone to like that, speaking of SD. They also had a great selection with excellent pricing. Only +5$ to open a bottle there. Brilliant.